Re: excellent guide to marine benthic diatoms

Dave Richman

I downloaded this and got the Zooplankton guide.

David Richman

On Feb 11, 2012, at 12:52 PM, urginia wrote:

Hi,

I´ve been away from the forum for some time...my diatomological life is sadly on hold for a while. Anyway, by chance I came across this excellent pdf:

"ILLUSTRATED GUIDE ON THE BENTHIC DIATOMS of Kuwait's Marine Environment" 2011, 364 pages

http://www.kisr.edu.kw/Data/Site1/images/kisr_publications/978-99966-95-07-0-2.pdf

There are descriptions and photos of 272 taxa. Most useful to me, as someone rather taxonomically challenged, is that many of the species are illustrated as live cells in valve and girdle view as well as cleaned valves. The photos are generally very clear and of a high standard.

There is a very interesting introductory cahapter and I think those of you suffering a cold northern winter will find the habitat photos very seductive.

enjoy !

Brian

Join diatom-forum@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.