LVM 8 command?

Wes Aman

I used Dfsee to enlarge a logical HPFS partition. After rebooting, I invoked Dfsee, and got a message regarding the enlarged partition: ‚LVM DLAT size or position mismatch with partition tables - Use the ‚LVM 8‘ command to synchronize them.‘
I‘m unsure of what exactly the command format is. Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Wesley Aman

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Barry Landy <bl10@...>

Use F10 to go to the command line, and type

LVM 8

which invokes the LVM command to tidy partition 8

On Wed, 14 Jul 2021, Wes Aman wrote:

:>I used Dfsee to enlarge a logical HPFS partition. After rebooting, I invoked Dfsee, and got a message regarding the enlarged partition: ‚LVM DLAT size or position mismatch with partition tables - Use the ‚LVM 8‘ command to synchronize them.‘
:>I‘m unsure of what exactly the command format is. Any help appreciated.
:>
:>Regards,
:>Wesley Aman
:>
:>Von meinem iPad gesendet
:>
:>
:>
:>
:>
:>

--
Barry Landy Home: +44-1223-570417
192, Gilbert Road College: +44-1223-362062

Jan van Wijk; DFSee support

Hi Wesley,

On 14 Jul 2021, at 19:04, Wes Aman <saenger39@comcast.net> wrote:

I used Dfsee to enlarge a logical HPFS partition. After rebooting, I invoked Dfsee, and got a message regarding the enlarged partition: ‚LVM DLAT size or position mismatch with partition tables - Use the ‚LVM 8‘ command to synchronize them.‘
I‘m unsure of what exactly the command format is. Any help appreciated.
This is just the invocation of the LVM command (dialog actually) pre-selecting the partition with PID 8.

You normally use that to change driveletters and names, but it also checks the partitions size, and will correct that on an acknowledge.

You can also invoke it from the menu:

Edit ->
LVM information

And then select the partition in question ...

Regards, JvW

Regards,
Wesley Aman

Von meinem iPad gesendet