#featurerequest, smartctl on DFSPUP

schen@...

Hi all,

Is there a SMART utility on the DFSPUP? like smartctl?

How to install new application into the DFSPUP?

Will be great to add gsmartcontrol to the DSFPUP, that way one can read the SMART data from the disk.

Thanks
Sian

Jan van Wijk; DFSee support

Hello Sian,

On 15 Jul 2021, at 18:36, schen via groups.io <schen=roos.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi all,

Is there a SMART utility on the DFSPUP? like smartctl?
I don’t think so, but I’m not really sure. Did not look for it yet ...

How to install new application into the DFSPUP?
By downloading and installing it, booted from the stick.

Then, if you shut-down, you will be able to either discard any changes made, or to save them to the stick.

Changes will be saved in a special ‘delta’ disk-image that complements the basic PUPPY install.
(That is how DFSee itself and the desktop customisation was added too)

Will be great to add gsmartcontrol to the DSFPUP, that way one can read the SMART data from the disk.

Sure, should not be a problem really, but I’m not sure how many ‘dependant’ packages would install with it ;-)

Thanks
Sian
You’re welcome!

Regards, JvW