Shortwave Radiogram

Kim Andrew Elliott

Shortwave Radiogram transmits digital modes (mostly MFSK32 and MFSK64) on Shortwave broadcast transmitters.

If you have Fldigi (from w1hkj.com ) or MultiPSK, or on Android devices Flmsg or TIVAR, you can decode the MFSK, transforming it to text and images.

The first broadcast of the "weekend" is soon at 2330-2400 UTC (7:30-8 pm EDT) on 9265 kHz from WINB Pennsylvania. WINB 9265 is audible here this evening: either short-hop skywave or long groundwave.

The schedule for the rest of the weekend and information about the show is here:

https://swradiogram.net/post/651738910047748096/shortwave-radiogram-20-23-may-2021-digital-modes

73

Kim

KD9XB

Kim Andrew Elliott

If anyone tried to tune in on 9265, WINB is not transmitting Shortwave Radiogram at the scheduled 2330-2400 UTC.  Sorry!

On 5/20/2021 6:46 PM, Kim Andrew Elliott via groups.io wrote:
Shortwave Radiogram transmits digital modes (mostly MFSK32 and MFSK64) on Shortwave broadcast transmitters.

If you have Fldigi (from w1hkj.com ) or MultiPSK, or on Android devices Flmsg or TIVAR, you can decode the MFSK, transforming it to text and images.

The first broadcast of the "weekend" is soon at 2330-2400 UTC (7:30-8 pm EDT) on 9265 kHz from WINB Pennsylvania. WINB 9265 is audible here this evening: either short-hop skywave or long groundwave.

The schedule for the rest of the weekend and information about the show is here:

https://swradiogram.net/post/651738910047748096/shortwave-radiogram-20-23-may-2021-digital-modes

73

Kim

KD9XB

Patrick Sullivan

KIm,
I'll tune in tomorrow at 9am ET on 15770 kHz on my PL-330.

On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 6:46 PM Kim Andrew Elliott via groups.io <radiogram=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Shortwave Radiogram transmits digital modes (mostly MFSK32 and MFSK64)
on Shortwave broadcast transmitters.

If you have Fldigi (from w1hkj.com ) or MultiPSK, or on Android devices
Flmsg or TIVAR, you can decode the MFSK, transforming it to text and images.

The first broadcast of the "weekend" is soon at 2330-2400 UTC (7:30-8 pm
EDT) on 9265 kHz from WINB Pennsylvania. WINB 9265 is audible here this
evening: either short-hop skywave or long groundwave.

The schedule for the rest of the weekend and information about the show
is here:

https://swradiogram.net/post/651738910047748096/shortwave-radiogram-20-23-may-2021-digital-modes

73

Kim

KD9XB

Patrick Sullivan

Here was my setup today to capture the Shortwave Radiogram 205.  This is at the catholic school woods across from my house in NE DC, which has much less RFI than my home or backyard.  I ran my Belka DX into a Tecsun Q3 which is a wonderful device - a great external speaker for the Belka that can record to a MicroSD card. It also has an FM radio and can record FM broadcasts, and play MP3s from the card.  I actually turned down the volume and stashed this setup in the bushes while I ran errands.  I then stuck the card into my Mac, played the MP3 file with iTunes, and ran it directly into FlDigi using Soundflower which lets you reroute the sound output from itunes as an input to Fldigi. This works much better than audio coupling.

I got perfect copy on the text and very clean images, with some bursts of RFI showing up - see attached.

Thanks Kim!

Image91243364549432680.jpg

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 12:14 AM Patrick Sullivan via groups.io <expatrick=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

chirp

Patrick what were you using to run Fldigi?

I am not familiar with Soundflower; on the Mac I use Audio Hijack to reroute audio.

Benn AK4AV

Patrick Sullivan

Benn,

I ran Fldigi on the mac.  So iTunes played the mp3 file that the Q3 made and output it to Soundflower.  Fldigi then uses Soundflower as input source.  Sounds like the same idea as Audio Hijack.

Patrick

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 11:39 AM Benn Kobb <bkobb@...> wrote:
Patrick what were you using to run Fldigi?

I am not familiar with Soundflower; on the Mac I use Audio Hijack to reroute audio.

Benn AK4AV

Kim Andrew Elliott

Thanks, Patrick, for  tuning in, and for your very interesting method of decoding.

Tweeted about it here ...

https://twitter.com/SWRadiogram/status/1395806534349860864

On 5/21/2021 11:13 AM, Patrick Sullivan wrote:
[...]

_

Patrick Sullivan

Cool!