PL-368

Patrick Sullivan

I'm very tempted to buy one of these and I hate to admit it but the orange is probably the primary driver as I love my Belka DX.

Anybody have thoughts on this new Tecsun radio they care to share?

I had heard that the 990 would be the last Tecsun shortwave radio so I'm glad to see this upgrade to the PL-365.

I actually owned and sold a Countycom GP5 ssb. It just was gathering dust and I disliked the cheap feel of the telescopic whip. But it worked a treat even in my pocket walking around. And it wasn't this gorgeous orange.

Someone on YouTube is saying wait for the export version with bug fixes.

Kim Andrew Elliott

On 3/11/2021 11:00 PM, Patrick Sullivan wrote:
I'm very tempted to buy one of these and I hate to admit it but the orange is probably the primary driver as I love my Belka DX.

Anybody have thoughts on this new Tecsun radio they care to share?

I had heard that the 990 would be the last Tecsun shortwave radio so I'm glad to see this upgrade to the PL-365.

I actually owned and sold a Countycom GP5 ssb. It just was gathering dust and I disliked the cheap feel of the telescopic whip. But it worked a treat even in my pocket walking around. And it wasn't this gorgeous orange.

Patrick Sullivan

Kim,
Thanks. I hadnt seen that. That is about my experience with the Countycom. I recently sold my PL-660 mostly due to the form factor relative to the Belka DX. The fact is that between local QRM and my harmonics the idea of casual tabletop shortwave listening is right out. At night after the harmonics have faded away I have my IC-7200 in the basement shack which runs circles around all of these. And on the ham bands I can "bite back."

This is the video I saw.

I just love that safety orange šŸŠ

PatrickĀ

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021, 4:02 AM Kim Andrew Elliott via groups.io <radiogram=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote: