Camera Extension Unit Definition
The DVTI cam uses a custom UVC Extension Unit (XU) for specific configuration and firmware updates. As the concept of Extension Units is part of the UVC specification, this approach allows us to avoid writing a camera specific device driver and should work on all major operating systems out-of-the-box.
The format of the XU has organically grown during the project and we're currently working on cleaning it up, so the definition will change over time.
- XU Control 1 - GET_FIRMWARE_VERSION - deprecated
- XU Control 2 - SET_REGISTER_ADDRESS - deprecated
- XU Control 3 - GET_REGISTER_VALUE - deprecated
- XU Control 4 - GET_CONFIG_CONTROL - deprecated
- XU Control 5 - SET_CONFIG_CONTROL - deprecated
- XU Control 6 - FIRMWARE_UPDATE_CONTROL - deprecated
- XU Control 7 - ISP_CONTROL - deprecated
- XU Control 8 - CAMERA_MODEL - 13 bytes - only in XU version 2 and newer
- <v1.v2.v3> <xu-version> <model-id> <sn0..3> <reserved0..3>
- v1.v2.v3 is the firmware version, e.g. 0.3.16
- xu-version is the version of the Extension Unit structure (0=old, 2=new)
- model-id is 2=ProtoV1, 3=ProtoV2+AR0130, 4=ProtoV2+IMX174
- sn is the 32-bit serial number of the camera