Topics

D-Rats 0.3.6

Maurizio Andreotti

Hi all

As the weekend is coming and maybe you have time and want to give it a try, here you are the link to 0.3.6 with some last minute fxes and improvements - tracked in the Readme file: https://github.com/maurizioandreotti/D-Rats/blob/master/README.md

Executable for Windows XP..10:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujwrwo4o5z4zfve/D-Rats%200.3.6_WindowsXP_20200417.rar

Source codes for Linux:

https://github.com/maurizioandreotti/D-Rats/archive/0.3.6.zip

NOTE:
Marius YO2LOJ revised the install script for Linux, so now - in addition to running d-rats as python script -  it is also possible to compile it (for how to use it, see the readme file below.)

Thanks to all for the feedback provided!

Have a nice weekend,

Maurizio, IZ2LXI

Ralph Barbakoff

Hi Maurizio

Tried to download the d-rats.exe version on Widows 10 basic d-rats works but no maps. I think the maps area does not have the correct references, tried blank key no luck.

I can not find the drats.exe log file with errors.

Not python or Windows 10 literate so not much help on debug.

Thanks for the effort, any ideas??

Ralph Barbakoff (WA9LKZ)

On Apr 18, 2020, at 2:05 AM, Luis ea1axy <ea1axy@...> wrote:

Download the new and run,

"base map set to http//tile.openstreetmap.de" ... doesn't work for me, Map view no change,  continues in the previous selection ...

we continue testing ... hi hi

best regards

Don Coker

Hi Maurizio-

Was able to confirm that the changes to the Map window all work. Efforts with that much appreciated.

Found no errors on my Windows 10 Pro install with the latest updates.

Thanks again for your hard work and enjoy the rest of your weekend !

Don KM6TRZ

As the weekend is coming and maybe you have time and want to give it a try, here you are the link to 0.3.6 with some last minute fxes and improvements - tracked in the Readme file: https://github.com/maurizioandreotti/D-Rats/blob/master/README.md

Executable for Windows XP..10:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujwrwo4o5z4zfve/D-Rats%200.3.6_WindowsXP_20200417.rar

Source codes for Linux:

https://github.com/maurizioandreotti/D-Rats/archive/0.3.6.zip

NOTE: Marius YO2LOJ revised the install script for Linux, so now - in addition to running d-rats as python script -  it is also possible to compile it (for how to use it, see the readme file below.)

Thanks to all for the feedback provided!

Have a nice weekend,

Maurizio, IZ2LXI

Marius, YO2LOJ

Hi

The wikimedia OSM map works for me as the base map.

Put this in your basemap setup: https://maps.wikimedia.org/osm-intl/

73.s, Marius, YO2LOJ

David Holman

Maurizio,

Thanks for your hard work with this.  It is good see that someone has picked this up.

What version of Python did you write this in?  It looks like 2.7.

I tried to run it on my Ubuntu 18 machine and got nothing but errors.

Thanks

David, AC7DS

On 4/17/20 4:13 PM, Maurizio Andreotti wrote:

[...]

On my system it is 2.7.9 and works as expected.

Is there a way to get a 2.7 backport on your system?

Marius, YO2LOJ

On 18.04.2020 20:07, David Holman via groups.io wrote:

[...]

Marius,

I'm sure I could, but in general Ubuntu has stopped supporting anything under Python 3.2.  I tried to port it to Python 3.6, and had mostly finished, when they updated Python with NO backward compatibility whatsoever.  I had to basically start all over.  I gave up.

I hadn't planned on trying to maintain every old version of Python out there.  When I get time, I will rewrite D-RATS in Java or C++.

I am still grateful that someone has picked this work up.

Thanks

David, AC7DS

On 4/18/20 10:14 AM, Marius, YO2LOJ wrote:

[...]

Luis ea1axy

solved my problem, thanks ...

Steven Reiners

I have downloaded, and extracted the file. What do I need to do next in order to install the new version?

Arthur Christy

Where did you find the EXE version for Windows 10?

Tried to download the d-rats.exe version on Widows 10 basic d-rats works but no maps. I think the maps area does not have the correct references, tried blank key no luck.

I can not find the drats.exe log file with errors.

Not python or Windows 10 literate so not much help on debug.

Thanks for the effort, any ideas??

Ralph Barbakoff (WA9LKZ)

On Apr 18, 2020, at 2:05 AM, Luis ea1axy <ea1axy@...> wrote:

Download the new and run,

"base map set to http//tile.openstreetmap.de" ... doesn't work for me, Map view no change,  continues in the previous selection ...

we continue testing ... hi hi

best regards

Maurizio Andreotti

In my case it works most of the time - I think this dependes by some geofilter from their side