NNOC: Campaign Update #4

National Network on Cuba

Hi friends! Welcome to our latest campaign update!

Scroll down for info about the attacks on the Cuban baseball team, solidarity with the Miami caravan, this month’s caravans/standouts against the blockade, the May Day Brigade, and other  upcoming events.

First, we want to send our solidarity to our 5 friends at CODEPINK who were arrested today protesting war hawk Secretary Blinken and demanding that he take Cuba #OffTheList and end the blockade. You can watch and share the videos of their brave protest on the @CODEPINK Twitter:

🎉GREAT SUCCESS: NATIONAL CALL-IN🎉

Thank you to everyone who participated in the National Call-in to the White House last week… it was a great success and show of our strength!

As one of the lead organizers Merri Ansara wrote, “We had a terrific mobilization last Wednesday and Thursday withhundreds of calls madeto the White House to remove Cuba from the list of State Sponsors of Terrorism. Thank you and congratulations to everyone.We estimate that some 150 committees, groups and organizations participated.And we know that callers to the White House encountered long waits and continued busy signals. One caller who did get through reported:“... the operator stopped me shortly after the first few sentences saying, ‘it's okay we've got it down, everyone is basically saying the same thing.’”

Help us keep building the momentum!

NNOC #OFFTHELIST TOOLKIT
ACERE ADVOCACY TOOLKIT
Join our next campaign check-in TOMORROW, March 23 at 8pm ET… We’ll reflect on recent events like the March conference, discuss our June 25 national protest, and do a training on how to use our campaign toolkit!

Join ACERE on Tuesday, March 28th at 12pm ET for an important discussion about the ongoing US war on Cuba and its impact on the Cuban people and beyond. The panel of experts will explore the inclusion of Cuba on the U.S. "State Sponsor of Terrorism" list and its implications:

Hasta siempre#TeamAsere❤️🇨🇺

The real victory of the World Baseball Cup is that Cuba played against the US blockade & came so far despite all odds stacked against them.

La verdadera victoria es que Cuba jugó contra el bloqueo estadounidense y llegó hasta ahora contra todo pronóstico.

TODAY:The Cuban Ministry of Foreign Affairs denounces acts of hostility against the Cuban team incited by the Miami authorities

HOY:Cuba MINREX denuncia actos de hostilidad contra el equipo Cuba incitados por las autoridades de Miami

LOCAL CARAVANS/STANDOUTS THIS WEEKEND:

STAND IN SOLIDARITY WITH THE MIAMI CARAVAN AGAINST THE HATERS’ ATTACKS, WHICH ARE AIDED & ABETTED BY THE MIAMI POLICE!

FREE SPEECH FACT SHEETS on February 26 attacks on the Miami Caravan - download here in English/Spanish!

Read, download, and share the statements above! The Miami Caravan Against the U.S. Blockade of Cuba wants to build bridges of love between the people of our two countries. We insist that authorities in Miami-Dade County enforce the first amendment rights that entitle us to peaceably assemble. Please support our struggle for freedom of speech.

Standouts are happening across the country on March 25 and 26! If you don’t see your standout below, please send your flyer our way so we can make sure to promote it onNNOC social media:

STUDENTS, YOUTH AND WORKING-CLASS FOLKS NEED TO SEE & EXPERIENCE THE CUBAN REVOLUTION NOW MORE THAN EVER.

HELP US GET THEM TO CUBA:

Click to Make Your Tax Deductible Donation Now!

IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO APPLY FOR THE 2023 MAY DAY BRIGADE!

9 days left to apply! Join us in Cuba from April 23 - May 7 as we immerse ourselves in the Cuban Revolution! Please share the application far and wide with people in your life who could benefit from traveling to Cuba!

>>> APPLY NOW <<<

Other Upcoming Events

March 22: IFCO informational session on the ELAM scholarship for US students to study medicine for free in Cuba!

March 22/23:Cuban Ambassador Lianys Torres Rivera visits Chicago! For more info, visit the Chicago Cuba Coalition page

March 23:#OffTheList campaign check-in

March 25/26:Local car caravans and standouts for Cuba! Check out the NNOC social media for flyers of local events: instagram.com/nationalnetwork4cuba and if we haven’t posted your event, send it our way!

March 26:Boston Cuba Solidarity Coalition (July26.org) & NNOCMay Day Brigade promotional event & fundraiser. This is a hybrid event. RSVP here!

March 28: ACERE Webinar: Is Cuba a State Sponsor of Terrorism?

March 31:May Day Brigade application deadline: bit.ly/mayday23

April 1: May Day Brigade prep session #1

April 15: May Day Brigade prep session #2

April 29:  Latin America & Caribbean Policy Forum at American University:In Search of a New U.S. Policy for a New Latin America: Burying 200 Years of the Monroe Doctrine.americaspolicyforum.org

June 25: #OffTheListprotest at the White House, coordinated with local actions around the country! Emailnnocuba@...to join our planning committee

¡Venceremos!

Facebook icon Instagram icon Twitter icon
Logo

Copyright © 2023 National Network on Cuba, All rights reserved.
You participated in a webinar or other activity concerning U.S. policy regarding Cuba.

Our mailing address is:
National Network on Cuba
PO Box 22455
Oakland, California 94609