Re: *video + English intro: RADIO MIAMI TV: Yadira Escobar, the rebel Girl from Miami

Victor Kozaski

AMAZING

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 11:28 AM Walter Lippmann <walterlx@...> wrote:
ranslated by Walter Lippmann for CubaNews.
RADIO MIAMI TV

Radio Sanctí Spíritus interviews
Yadira Escobar, the rebel Girl from Miami

Carlos Rafael Dieguez
By: Carlos Rafael DieguezApril 07, 2021

"We are going to promote love and reconciliation in the face
of hatred and resentment to restore trust among Cubans
because we believe that the best days are yet to come."

--Yadira Escobar

https://youtu.be/ophOZa_NmiA
I was very happy to see and hear Yadira Escobar in her long-distance interview for Sancti Spíritus radio,
by Cuban journalist Gilberto García García.

Yadira says in her presentation: «We were short on drums so there were pauses, practically in its entirety, the interview which of course was mostly political ... as it should be» . That the Rebel Girl of Miami, as I always call her, has granted the interview to our beloved Sancti Spíritus Radio is an example of how young people, from here and there, can establish ties under the respect and virtue of human beings . Yadira is a young Cuban born on the island and who has grown up in the United States, without forgetting her roots, she says "We are going to promote love and reconciliation in the face of hatred and resentment to restore trust among Cubans because we believe that the best days are yet to come."

Later, the journalist Carlos Figueroa, also wrote on his Facebook wall: «A LUXURY THAT ACCESS Yadira Escobar to talk to the radio. Yadira responded to this interview, which was sent by Gilberto García García, with affection and respect. The initial and usual idea was to prepare a special program. I kept the transcripts. For reasons that I still do not understand, the radio did not give us the time to transmit it. But social networks and the fact of being a dialogue with one of the most important communicators in Florida, youtuber, former candidate for the US Congress, descendant of mambises and defender of her nation and the meaning it has in her life Knowing where it comes from makes this material a luxury. If you still don't know who I'm talking about, I'll leave you with this material published by her on YouTube, where she answers all the questions ... And I attach data that is searched on the net, without going any further. Today the radio has many ways, although some do not understand it yet.

In this frank and open conversation between Yadira Escobar and Cuban radio, she also evoked the history of her Camagüey family, spoke of her vocation for art, culture and especially painting. She addressed the present of Cuba and was very clear how always in stating her views bluntly.  Yadira recalled the interview we did with her at the time Commander-in-Chief Fidel Castro passed away and addressed with great courage the qualities of the leader of the Cuban revolution.

.

.

WALTER LIPPMANN
Los Angeles, California