FACEBOOK/NNOC: Caravan arrived in Havana today

Walter Lippmann

After a 20-month battle with the COVID-19 pandemic, 75 members of the U.S.-Cuba Friendshipment Caravan arrived in Havana today with over 2 tons of medical aid for distribution to the Cuban people. The caravanistas, who hail from 25 different states, have arrived in Cuba as the island nation reopens its borders to foreign visitors.
This 31st U.S.-Cuba Friendshipment Caravan organized by the Interreligious Foundation for Community Organization (IFCO) is a multi-generational, racially diverse, and gender-diverse caravan. Additionally, the caravanistas represent a broad section of U.S. residents and global citizens who oppose the more than 60 years of sanctions imposed by the U.S. government against Cuba.
“We have organized this caravan to stand in opposition to the limitations that the U.S. government has imposed against our Cuban neighbors,” said Gail Walker, Executive Director of the Interreligious Foundation for Community Organization, and leader of its Pastors for Peace project.
“These sanctions have severely limited Cuba’s access to life-saving medicines and medical supplies,” Walker added. “This is why we have collected medical donations from communities across the country to help Cuba address the severe shortages in medical aid that is a direct result of U.S. policy toward Cuba.” Read more here: http://nnoc.info/friendshipment2021/#CubaCaravan2021 #CubaLightstheWay

Join cubanews@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.