iFCO/P4P

IFCO's CubaBuzz: Issue 264

Latest Covid-19 update in Cuba
(as of Oct 13th, 2021)

928,684-- Confirmed cases
11,591-- Active cases
909,042-- Recuperated
7,994-- Deaths

Cuba: The Americas Leader in Vaccinations

By Ángel Guerra Cabrera on October 13, 2021 Cuba is the country in the Americas with the highest percentage of vaccination against covid-19 and with the highest daily vaccination rate in the world.

Read more
www.resumen-english.org

Cuba: Our Truth as a Shield In The Face Of New Threats

By Alejandra Garcia on October 14, 2021 from Havana On Tuesday, Cuba blocked the petition of a so-called "peaceful protest", which has the US government and the Miami extremists pushing it behind the scenes. The Cuban Government's response was...

Read more
www.resumen-english.org

For the sake of global health: USA, stop lying about Cuba!

Oct. 8 - Today a People's Peace Prize was awarded to Cuba's Henry Reeve International Medical Brigade - not the Nobel Peace Prize, although more than 100 organizations and 40,000 individuals from the U.S. alone supported the Henry Reeve Brigade's ...

Read more
www.struggle-la-lucha.org

Interview: Cuba to maintain medical cooperation with Haiti after earthquake, says official

by Yosley Carrero HAVANA, Oct. 8 (Xinhua) -- Cuba will continue providing Haitian people with medical assistance, Jorge Delgado, director of Cuba's Central Unit of Medical Collaboration, said on Friday. In an interview with Xinhua, Delgado said...

Read more
www.news.cn

Cuba's economy to grow 2.2 percent in 2021

After the Caribbean nation's GDP shrank by 10.9 percent in 2020, "little by little, we will start recovering the economic activity lost over the past two years due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the U.S. blockade," Gil said.

Cuban Council of State approves five decree-laws, one of them related to maternity

The Cuban Council of State approved this Wednesday the decree-law "On the of Working Women and the Responsibility of Families" and four other decree-laws on programs of "national interest," the state media reported.

Read more
oncubanews.com

Cuban president assesses ​​transformations in Havana's community

Havana Oct 15 (Prensa Latina) Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel on Friday visited the Havana neighborhood of 'La Corbata', where he confirmed the progress of socioeconomic transformations coordinated by the Ministry of Tourism, the Presidency...

Read more
www.plenglish.com

Make your tax-deductible donation
or text IFCO to 646-859-5344
"Cuban trained doctors – confronting COVID-19 in Cuba, abroad and even in the US"

to watch the video of the webinar featuring ELAM grads

Need a Fiscal Sponsor???

The Interreligious Foundation for Community Organization (IFCO) is proud to invite grassroots progressive organizations and projects
to utilize our fiscal sponsorship services

Fiscal Sponsorship at IFCO allows domestic and international groups committed to social justice work to use our 501c3 tax-exempt status to seek grants, hold fundraisers and solicit tax-deductible gifts.

IFCO's Cuba Buzz presents a variety of articles from a
variety of sources -- to keep you posted on the news about Cuba. We don't always agree with ALL the content in these articles but we choose to post items that we feel have important information relative to Cuba.
We're not responsible for (or recommending) some of the
accompanying ads or links that you may see. But you knew that already!

[Phone: 212-926-5757] [Fax: 212-926-5842]
[E-mail: ifco@...]  [Website: www.ifconews.org]
[418 West 145th Street, New York, NY 10031]
Temporary address during the Pandemic:
IFCO, PO Box 1368, Orange, NJ 07051-1368

Join cubanews@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.