iFCO/P4P

IFCO's CubaBuzz: Issue 262

Latest Covid-19 update in Cuba
(as of Sept 27th, 2021)

866,808-- Confirmed cases
32,694-- Active cases
826,727-- Recuperated
7,330-- Deaths

By Yisel González Fuentes on September 26, 2021 A tweet from the Finlay Vaccine Institute brought attention to the fact that "The New York Times recognizes #Cuba as the only country in the world to vaccinate children as young as 2 years old...

Read more
www.resumen-english.org

How Cuban medical training has helped Pacific nations face the pandemic challenge

With the COVID-19 pandemic stretching health systems worldwide, Pacific countries have capitalised on their relative isolation to avoid the worst. Border closures and other measures have slowed and stopped the spread of the virus to the point...

Read more
theconversation.com

'This Cannot Happen': Biden DHS Seeks Contractor for Migrant Detention Center at Guantánamo Bay

The solicitation for bids-which requires some guards who speak Spanish and Haitian Creole-comes as the administration is under fire for mass deportations of migrants, including Haitians.

Read more
www.commondreams.org

Cuba: Farewell Dear Magali Llort

September 23, 2021 This morning the beloved Magali Llort Ruiz passed away; a Cuban and exemplary revolutionary who was instrumental in one of the longest, most courageous battles of the Cuban Revolution, fighting for the freedom of her son...

Read more
www.resumen-english.org

Cuba launches commercial exports of COVID-19 vaccines

HAVANA (AP) - Cuba has begun commercial exports of its homegrown COVID-19 vaccines, sending shipments of the three-dose Abdala vaccine to Vietnam and Venezuela. President Miguel Díaz-Canel announced the arrival in Vietnam on his Twitter feed...

Read more
apnews.com

Podcast Featuring Dr. Rosemari Mealy:
Blowback - "Watch Out For That Boy"

We talk to activists and historians about Cuba, black radicalism, and how the Revolution attacked the problem of racism.

Read more
omny.fm

End US War-Making Everywhere

"We need a reinvigorated anti-war movement."

Read more
www.commondreams.org

Cuba - President Addresses General Debate, 76th Session

Caravan Application Deadline:
October 1st

Make your tax-deductible donation
or text IFCO to 646-859-5344
"Cuban trained doctors – confronting COVID-19 in Cuba, abroad and even in the US"

to watch the video of the webinar featuring ELAM grads

Need a Fiscal Sponsor???

The Interreligious Foundation for Community Organization (IFCO) is proud to invite grassroots progressive organizations and projects
to utilize our fiscal sponsorship services

Fiscal Sponsorship at IFCO allows domestic and international groups committed to social justice work to use our 501c3 tax-exempt status to seek grants, hold fundraisers and solicit tax-deductible gifts.

IFCO's Cuba Buzz presents a variety of articles from a
variety of sources -- to keep you posted on the news about Cuba. We don't always agree with ALL the content in these articles but we choose to post items that we feel have important information relative to Cuba.
We're not responsible for (or recommending) some of the
accompanying ads or links that you may see. But you knew that already!

[Phone: 212-926-5757] [Fax: 212-926-5842]
[E-mail: ifco@...]  [Website: www.ifconews.org]
[418 West 145th Street, New York, NY 10031]
Temporary address during the Pandemic:
IFCO, PO Box 1368, Orange, NJ 07051-1368

Join cubanews@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.