iFCO/P4P

IFCO's CubaBuzz: Issue 258

Latest Covid-19 update in Cuba
(as of August 19th, 2021)

546,011-- Confirmed cases
46,449-- Active cases
513,108-- Recuperated
4,397-- Deaths

Cuba to vaccinate against Covid-19 around 1,000,000 more next week

Havana, Aug 18 (Prensa Latina) Around 1,000,000 more people in Cuba will receive next week at least one dose of the vaccine candidates or Abdala vaccine against Covid-19, healthcare authorities confirmed on Wednesday.

Read more
www.plenglish.com

Media Continues to Deny Reality of the Cuba Embargo

By Keith Bolender on Aug 17, 2021 With few exceptions, corporate media has done its best to diminish the effects or ignore completely America's regime change policies against Cuba. The latest example of this ill-informed bias occurred last month...

Read more
www.resumen-english.org

Cuba dips toe in market economy with legalization of small businesses

HAVANA, Aug 13 (Reuters) - Thousands of small and medium-sized Cuban businesses will be allowed to incorporate in the coming months, in one of the most important economic reforms taken by the island's Communist government since it nationalized...

Read more
www.reuters.com

U.S. suffocates Cuba for unwavering, victorious anti-imperialism at great cost

Cuba's anti-imperial foreign policy helped end apartheid in South Africa and sustain liberation movements worldwide. Historian Piero Gleijeses says that's one of the main reasons why the US has terrorized the island nation through today.

Read more
progresoweekly.us

If U.S. really cared about freedom in Cuba, it would end its punishing sanctions

Critics dismiss Cuba as a failed state, but don't accept how badly it's hamstrung by the U.S. blockade. The violent protests that erupted in Cuba in early July were the first serious social disturbances since the "Maleconazo" of 1994, 27 years...

Read more
progresoweekly.us

Storm Grace Becomes Second Hurricane of the Season

Havana, Aug 18 (Prensa Latina) Tropical storm Grace today became the second hurricane of the cyclonic season, after registering maximum sustained winds of up to 120 kilometers per hour and a minimum pressure of 992 hectoPascals.

Read more
www.plenglish.com

Interested in joining us for this year's caravan to Cuba?
Email: friendshipmentcaravan@...
to find out how!

Make your tax-deductible donation
or text IFCO to 646-859-5344
"Cuban trained doctors – confronting COVID-19 in Cuba, abroad and even in the US"

to watch the video of the webinar featuring ELAM grads

Need a Fiscal Sponsor???

The Interreligious Foundation for Community Organization (IFCO) is proud to invite grassroots progressive organizations and projects
to utilize our fiscal sponsorship services

Fiscal Sponsorship at IFCO allows domestic and international groups committed to social justice work to use our 501c3 tax-exempt status to seek grants, hold fundraisers and solicit tax-deductible gifts.

Saving Lives Campaign

IFCO's Cuba Buzz presents a variety of articles from a
variety of sources -- to keep you posted on the news about Cuba. We don't always agree with ALL the content in these articles but we choose to post items that we feel have important information relative to Cuba.
We're not responsible for (or recommending) some of the
accompanying ads or links that you may see. But you knew that already!

[Phone: 212-926-5757] [Fax: 212-926-5842]
[E-mail: ifco@...]  [Website: www.ifconews.org]
[418 West 145th Street, New York, NY 10031]
Temporary address during the Pandemic:
IFCO, PO Box 1368, Orange, NJ 07051-1368

Join cubanews@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.