iFCO/P4P

IFCO's CubaBuzz: Issue 257

Latest Covid-19 update in Cuba
(as of August 12th, 2021)

500,216-- Confirmed cases
44,031-- Active cases
452,286-- Recuperated
3,842-- Deaths

August 10, 2021 President Biden: You recently referred to Cuba at a White House saying: 'I would be prepared to give significant amounts of vaccines if... an international organization would administer those vaccines and do it in a way that...

Read more
www.resumen-english.org

How the U.S. Government Is Using the Internet to Silence Cubans

After last month's dubious anti-government protests in Cuba, U.S. policymakers now insist that the island is in dire need of Internet service-and that only the United States can supply it. If Cuba were truly a censorial, backwards state in need...

Read more
progressive.org

Biden's Policy Stimulates Illegal Immigration from Cuba

By Alejandra Garcia on August 10, 2021 from Havana President Joe Biden failed to keep the promise he made so many times during his election campaign regarding his Cuba policy. He vowed before millions of U.S. citizens to bring the two peoples...

Read more
www.resumen-english.org

Cuba continues free distribution of donated food (+Photos)

FotosPL: Panchito GonzálezHavana, Aug 13 (Prensa Latina) Cuba on Friday continues distributing food donated by different nations, which is unfolding with transparency and free of charge, according to authorities from the trade sector.

Read more
www.plenglish.com

Let Cuba Live Exhibition

Español PortuguêsOn the anniversary of the 26th of July Movement's founding, Tricontinental: Institute for Social Research launches the online exhibition, Let Cuba Live. 80 artists from 19 countries - including notable cartoonists and designers...

Read more
thetricontinental.org

Being Fidel and doing so now

Interrupting the solemnity of the moment, like a wave gaining strength, the clamor rose and little by little the Plaza de la Revolución became a single voice chanting: I am Fidel.

Read more
en.granma.cu

An Olympic delegation worthy of its people

The members of the Cuban Olympic delegation to the Tokyo-2020 Olympic Games were received yesterday afternoon at José Martí International Airport by Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez, First Secretary of the Communist Party of Cuba Central Committee and...

Read more
en.granma.cu

Cuba Keeps Achieving the Impossible Thanks To Fidel's Legacy

By Alejandra Garcia on August 13, 2021 from Havana In 1969, Cuba achieved the impossible: the manufacture of the first micro-computer prototype on record in the Third World, the CID-201. That device, which did 25,000 sums per second and had a...

Read more
www.resumen-english.org

Interested in joining us for this year's caravan to Cuba?
Email: friendshipmentcaravan@...
to find out how!

Make your tax-deductible donation
or text IFCO to 646-859-5344
"Cuban trained doctors – confronting COVID-19 in Cuba, abroad and even in the US"

to watch the video of the webinar featuring ELAM grads

Need a Fiscal Sponsor???

The Interreligious Foundation for Community Organization (IFCO) is proud to invite grassroots progressive organizations and projects
to utilize our fiscal sponsorship services

Fiscal Sponsorship at IFCO allows domestic and international groups committed to social justice work to use our 501c3 tax-exempt status to seek grants, hold fundraisers and solicit tax-deductible gifts.

Saving Lives Campaign

IFCO's Cuba Buzz presents a variety of articles from a
variety of sources -- to keep you posted on the news about Cuba. We don't always agree with ALL the content in these articles but we choose to post items that we feel have important information relative to Cuba.
We're not responsible for (or recommending) some of the
accompanying ads or links that you may see. But you knew that already!

[Phone: 212-926-5757] [Fax: 212-926-5842]
[E-mail: ifco@...]  [Website: www.ifconews.org]
[418 West 145th Street, New York, NY 10031]
Temporary address during the Pandemic:
IFCO, PO Box 1368, Orange, NJ 07051-1368

Join cubanews@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.