iFCO/P4P

IFCO's CubaBuzz: Issue 256

Latest Covid-19 update in Cuba
(as of August 4th, 2021)

431,013-- Confirmed cases
45,632-- Active cases
382,141-- Recuperated
3,184-- Deaths

Havana: 1,252,000 people vaccinated with Abdala’s three doses

The province was also the venue of the phase I, II and III clinical trials of Soberana 02, which made it possible to vaccinate 30,770 people, in addition to the interventions in health workers and risk groups. These figures, together with the...

Read more
oncubanews.com

In Related News:

How Biden Reacts to Cuban Protests

Let Cuba Live: the Movement Standing Up to Biden’s Maximum Pressure

On July 22, U.S. President Joe Biden and his Vice President Kamala Harris released a "fact sheet" on U.S. "measures" against Cuba. The release from the White House said that Cuba was a "top priority for the Biden-Harris administration."

Read more
www.counterpunch.org

If the US really cared about freedom in Cuba, it would end its punishing sanctions

he violent protests that erupted in Cuba in early July were the first serious social disturbances since the "Maleconazo" of 1994, 27 years ago. Both these periods were characterised by deep economic crises. I was living in Havana in the mid-90s...

Read more
www.theguardian.com

Cuba Is Putting Its Heart into the Olympic Games in Tokyo

By Alejandra Garcia on August 5, 2021 from Havana When dawn broke this morning on the fourteenth day of the Olympic Games, Cuba was in 15th place in the Tokyo medal standings. It is admirable and not fortuitous that the small island of only 11...

Read more
www.resumen-english.org

My Turn: 'An embargo on the minds of the American people'

On June 23 for the 29th consecutive year the vast majority of countries of the United Nations General Assembly voted for a resolution demanding an end to the half-century old U.S. economic embargo against Cuba. Most people think that this is only ...

Read more
www.recorder.com

The Cuban Ministry of Foreign Trade and Foreign Investment (MINCEX) authorized the registration and granted the corresponding license to the U.S. company Fuego Enterprises Inc., in the National Registry of Foreign Commercial Representations,...

Read more
oncubanews.com

The Good People who will Give Internet to Cuba

By Rosa Miriam Elizalde on August 5, 2021 GitHub, the largest free software platform in the world, has published an incomplete list of 60 computer programs, sites and services restricted for Cuba by the unreasonable U.S. blockade, which according ...

Read more
www.resumen-english.org

By Wendy Holm on August 2, 2021 The emails kept coming in... From farmers and students and chefs and academics whom I'd taken to that tiny island country over the past two decades to learn about her leadership in sustainable agriculture,...

Read more
www.resumen-english.org

René González of the Cuban Five on Cuba’s Challenge and Washington’s Hypocrisy

René González is one of the Cuban Five, long jailed in the US for their intelligence work combating far-right Miami terrorist groups. He spoke to Jacobin about the blockade and what his trial told him about the US's concern for human rights in Cuba.

Read more
www.jacobinmag.com

Interested in joining us for this year's caravan to Cuba?
Email: friendshipmentcaravan@...
to find out how!

Make your tax-deductible donation
or text IFCO to 646-859-5344
"Cuban trained doctors – confronting COVID-19 in Cuba, abroad and even in the US"

to watch the video of the webinar featuring ELAM grads

Need a Fiscal Sponsor???

The Interreligious Foundation for Community Organization (IFCO) is proud to invite grassroots progressive organizations and projects
to utilize our fiscal sponsorship services

Fiscal Sponsorship at IFCO allows domestic and international groups committed to social justice work to use our 501c3 tax-exempt status to seek grants, hold fundraisers and solicit tax-deductible gifts.

Saving Lives Campaign

IFCO's Cuba Buzz presents a variety of articles from a
variety of sources -- to keep you posted on the news about Cuba. We don't always agree with ALL the content in these articles but we choose to post items that we feel have important information relative to Cuba.
We're not responsible for (or recommending) some of the
accompanying ads or links that you may see. But you knew that already!

[Phone: 212-926-5757] [Fax: 212-926-5842]
[E-mail: ifco@...]  [Website: www.ifconews.org]
[418 West 145th Street, New York, NY 10031]
Temporary address during the Pandemic:
IFCO, PO Box 1368, Orange, NJ 07051-1368

Join cubanews@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.