iFCO/P4P

IFCO's CubaBuzz: Issue 253

Latest Covid-19 update in Cuba
(as of July 7, 2021)

218,396-- Confirmed cases
21,091-- Active cases
195,818-- Recuperated
1,431 -- Deaths

Cuba says second COVID-19 vaccine Soberana 2 boasts 91.2% efficacy

HAVANA, July 8 (Reuters) - Cuba said on Thursday its two-shot Soberana 2 vaccine, delivered with a booster called Soberana Plus, had proven 91.2% effective in late stage clinical trials against the coronavirus, following similar news about its...

Read more
www.reuters.com

United States allocates more funds for subversion in Cuba

Havana, Jul 9 (Prensa Latina) The United States allocated another two million dollars to finance destabilizing and subversive activities in Cuba, Granma daily denounced on Friday.

Read more
www.plenglish.com

Guest Columnist Eli Scholtz: ‘An embargo on the minds of the American people’

On June 23 for the 29th consecutive year, the vast majority of countries of the United Nations General Assembly voted for a resolution demanding an end to the half-century-old U.S. economic embargo against Cuba. Most people think that this is...

Read more
www.gazettenet.com

Cuba denounces effect of US sanctions during the pandemic

United Nations, Jul 7 (Prensa Latina) The permanent representative of Cuba to the United Nations, Pedro Luis Pedroso, denounced today how in the midst of the complex situation generated by Covid-19, the United States Government maintains numerous ...

Read more
www.plenglish.com

By Vijay Prashad on July 1, 2021 In 1869, at the age of fifteen, José Martí and his young friends published a magazine in Cuba called La Patria Libre ('The Free Homeland'), which adopted a strong position against Spanish imperialism. The first...

Read more
www.resumen-english.org

Cuba returns to normal, Elsa moves through Straits of Florida

At 6:00 a.m. (local time), the central region of Elsa was estimated at 24.3 degrees North latitude and 82.5 degrees West longitude, a position that placed it about 125 kilometers north of Havana and 75 kilometers to the west-southwest of Key West.

Read more
oncubanews.com

Interested in joining us for this year's caravan to Cuba?
Email: friendshipmentcaravan@...
to find out how!

Make your tax-deductible donation
or text IFCO to 646-859-5344
"Cuban trained doctors – confronting COVID-19 in Cuba, abroad and even in the US"

to watch the video of the webinar featuring ELAM grads

Need a Fiscal Sponsor???

The Interreligious Foundation for Community Organization (IFCO) is proud to invite grassroots progressive organizations and projects
to utilize our fiscal sponsorship services

Fiscal Sponsorship at IFCO allows domestic and international groups committed to social justice work to use our 501c3 tax-exempt status to seek grants, hold fundraisers and solicit tax-deductible gifts.

Saving Lives Campaign

DONATE
NOW

IFCO's Cuba Buzz presents a variety of articles from a
variety of sources -- to keep you posted on the news about Cuba. We don't always agree with ALL the content in these articles but we choose to post items that we feel have important information relative to Cuba.
We're not responsible for (or recommending) some of the
accompanying ads or links that you may see. But you knew that already!

[Phone: 212-926-5757] [Fax: 212-926-5842]
[E-mail: ifco@...]  [Website: www.ifconews.org]
[418 West 145th Street, New York, NY 10031]
Temporary address during the Pandemic:
IFCO, PO Box 1368, Orange, NJ 07051-1368

Join cubanews@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.