iFCO/P4P

IFCO's CubaBuzz: Issue 252

Latest Covid-19 update in Cuba
(as of July 2, 2021)

193,945-- Confirmed cases
16,557-- Active cases
176,030-- Recuperated
1,302 -- Deaths

Cuba's COVID vaccine rivals BioNTech-Pfizer, Moderna

In a measure of its ambitious efforts to be vaccine self-reliant, Cuba has named one of its homegrown jabs Abdala, after a famous dramatic verse by independence hero and national icon Jose Marti. In the verse, the young hero, Abdala, heads to war ...

Read more
www.dw.com

By Danny Glover on June 29, 2021 Imagine a country developing and producing its own Covid-19 vaccines, enough to cover its entire population, but being unable to inoculate everyone because of a syringe shortage. This absurd situation is real, and ...

Read more
www.resumen-english.org

Fear of Florida: Why Biden doesn't act on Cuba

The U.S. vote in the United Nations General Assembly against the resolution calling on the United States to lift its embargo on Cuba is another example of President 's reluctance to move away from 's Cuba policy. The first signal was the...

Read more
thehill.com

Bridges of Love leader in the US denounced attack by haters

Washington July 1 (Prensa Latina) Activist Carlos Lazo reiterated that nothing will stop the 'Bridges of Love' walkaton by denouncing today an attack against the members of that solidarity initiative with Cuba in the United States.

Read more
www.plenglish.com

June 28, 2021 Last Friday the US government released the notorious anti-Cuban terrorist Eduardo Arocena, after serving 39 years in prison according to El Nuevo Herald. Arocena was sentenced to life imprisonment in the United States after being...

Read more
www.resumen-english.org

USACC Chair Talks Agricultural Trade with Cuba

Paul Johnson is the Chair of the United States Agriculture Coalition for Cuba (USACC). Over 100 agricultural organizations and corporations belong to the USACC, focused on improving two-way trade with Cuba. Our editor spoke with Mr. Johnson on...

Read more
www.cubabusinessreport.com

Interested in joining us for this year's caravan to Cuba?
Email: friendshipmentcaravan@...
to find out how!

Make your tax-deductible donation
or text IFCO to 646-859-5344
"Cuban trained doctors – confronting COVID-19 in Cuba, abroad and even in the US"

to watch the video of the webinar featuring ELAM grads

Need a Fiscal Sponsor???

The Interreligious Foundation for Community Organization (IFCO) is proud to invite grassroots progressive organizations and projects
to utilize our fiscal sponsorship services

Fiscal Sponsorship at IFCO allows domestic and international groups committed to social justice work to use our 501c3 tax-exempt status to seek grants, hold fundraisers and solicit tax-deductible gifts.

Saving Lives Campaign

IFCO's Cuba Buzz presents a variety of articles from a
variety of sources -- to keep you posted on the news about Cuba. We don't always agree with ALL the content in these articles but we choose to post items that we feel have important information relative to Cuba.
We're not responsible for (or recommending) some of the
accompanying ads or links that you may see. But you knew that already!

[Phone: 212-926-5757] [Fax: 212-926-5842]
[E-mail: ifco@...]  [Website: www.ifconews.org]
[418 West 145th Street, New York, NY 10031]
Temporary address during the Pandemic:
IFCO, PO Box 1368, Orange, NJ 07051-1368

Join cubanews@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.