CRPD Forum firstname.lastname@example.org
The IDA CRPD Forum listserv is the largest interactive online community dedicated to the implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), and the inclusion and promotion of the rights of persons with disabilities. This is an open and moderated Forum, with a diverse range of informed and influential perspectives, including up-to-date information, opportunities and discussion.
As a participant on this list you are invited to:
- exchange information and experiences around the interpretation and implementation of the CRPD
- share and receive reports and support each other around the implementation and ratification of the CRPD in each country, region or international area
- receive alerts about job opportunities, latest news from the disability community and invitations to join webinars related to the CRPD and the 2030 Agenda.
The IDA CRPD Forum has been set-up by the International Disability Alliance (IDA) and upholds the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) as the universal standard for the human rights of all persons with disabilities - taking precedence over previous instruments. It is a binding treaty that entered into force for States Parties on May 3, 2008, together with its Optional Protocol authorizing individual complaints, and it reflects the most recent consensus of the United Nations General Assembly on the subject matter of the human rights of persons with disabilities. As such, it is relevant as a guide to interpretation of other treaties and obligations under international law, all of which must be applied without discrimination based on disability.
If the Convention is really going to have the impact we all wish it to have, the disability movement needs to engage actively and in a coordinated way in all the stages of ratification, implementation and monitoring of the Convention. It will be vital to ensure that DPOs at national, regional and international level, representatives of our diverse constituencies, and allied NGOs - such as development and human rights organisations - act in a coordinated way. The aim of the IDA CRPD Forum is to develop a strong unified voice from civil society led by organisations of persons with disabilities (DPOs) in matters concerning the CRPD.
The key to a strong Convention is the number of people we reach, so it is expected, that all participants of this Forum whether DPOs and/or individuals will develop wide networks with whom they consult and whom they inform.
- 859 Members
- 1,335 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]
- #gds22 51 topics
- #employment 26 topics
- #covid19 11 topics
- #Article19 Right to independent living and being included in the community 10 topics
- #whatweneed 6 topics
- #disabilityrealities 5 topics
- #Article27 the right of persons with disabilities to work, on an equal basis with others 4 topics
- #copingwithcovid 4 topics
- #sarthak 3 topics
- #cosp15 2 topics