Topics

Tecsun 2P3 AM radio kit

While I was reading a post in SWLing, I think that you might be interested to read my translation of the manual, although the version might be old. The kit is still available from many channels if you are interested to build one.

In the mid 1960's, with the population of transistors, radio amateurs of China were passionate to build their own radio receivers. It was a dream to have a good looking case for their homebrew radio receiver, so 2P3 case appeared.

2P3 was compact and beautiful. Once it hit the street, it was welcomed. Many people saved money for buying one, and built various radios from single transistor to six transistor superheterodyne with it, and the dream of building a transistor radio with a case came true.

Half a century has passed, but those senior radio amateurs still can remember 2P3. Once talking about

page1image3679031360

transistor radios, 2P3 is always a hot topic. People smile if they were lucky to have built one, and regret if they failed. However, 2P3 is seldom found these days, and it becomes a product for collection. So, it becomes a new dream to own 2P3 again!

We reproduced 2P3 case, and designed and produced a superheterodyne radio receiver kit based on the current component characteristics. Hopefully it can fulfill the senior radio amateurs' dream, inspire the interest of the new generation and help improve their hands-on capabilities.

CRKITS is now proudly introducing the kit to the worldwide. The kit manual translation is dedicated for our customers, to match our standard of service.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention Adam!

It looks like a fun project.

matthew cook

I see the manual on the site but not the kit? Will it be available soon? Also some pictures would be cool.  Tks for the info...

Adam Rong

Matthew,

I offered the kit a few years ago but discontinued later. You can purchase from other channels now.

John,

Indeed. Tecsun is the number 1 company in China to produce radio receivers. The kit quality is superb.

bleepingbeep

The kit may be purchased through Amazon.

Just FYI.