Standard CS-40V SSB -> CS-40V + Sandwich II

Erick (VE2LRZ)

Hello,

I built a standard (regular VFO) CS-40V SSB kit. Works.

Due to the limited frequency range, I decided to get the QRVTronics Sandwich II kit AFTER I built the radio. Built it.

In attempting to retrofit the new VFO into the CS-40V I was wondering
1) has anyone documented a step-by-step removal guide (what components to remove, which ones must be removed gently vs broken off) - the sequence from the csmanual, the old/vs new sandwich are a bit confusing to me.
2) having trouble removing DIY coil DIY7-7# and would prefer not damaging the board. The based on my understanding is no longer needed (because alternate VFO). Would leaving it in the circuit impair functionality?
Should I just break off soldered legs and break it off?

Thanks for any hints!

--
Erick Dahan (VE2LRZ)

Larry Lovell

The original "Sandwich" removed the same components needed for the Digital VFO with OLED display.  Checkout: http://www.crkits.com/sandwichkitassemblymanual.pdf on page 5 and 6 should help.
If that is not good enough, email me separately and I will see what I can send.  This photo shows what is removed for the VFO.

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 10:33 PM Erick <EDAHAN@...> wrote:
[...]

73's N7RGW
http://QRVTronics.com
Cell: 214-697-1729