QP-7C: A new kit

QP-7C is a CW transmitter kit of 3 transistors. It is a replica of the classic MIZUHO QP-7 on three units of my Choc Perfboard. Besides a few solder bridges on the bottom side, there is no need for additional jumpers. The output is more than 3 watt at 12V and the spectrum purity is -53 dBc or better. Even you use with 8.4V batteries, you still can expect 1 watt RF output which is ideal for outdoor operations with a small receiver. The heat sink is not too hot even I transmit for a long time. Please stay tuned for more information.

You can refer to the manual in English to learn more about the classic ROSE kit. BTW, the original kit was released in the year that I was born.
http://www.mizuhoradio.org/manuals/QP-7/qp721a.pdf

Ishwar Rao Sutrave

Hi
what will be the cost
VU3MUG
india

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021, 9:04 am Adam Rong, <rongxh@...> wrote:
You can refer to the manual in English to learn more about the classic ROSE kit. BTW, the original kit was released in the year that I was born.
http://www.mizuhoradio.org/manuals/QP-7/qp721a.pdf

Hi VU3MUG,

The price will be announced later on the formal release date. It is a small kit so the price is not high.

Thanks,
Adam, BD6CR

2021年4月4日 下午7:59,Ishwar Rao Sutrave <vu3mug@...> 写道:

Hi
what will be the cost
VU3MUG
india

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021, 9:04 am Adam Rong, <rongxh@...> wrote:
You can refer to the manual in English to learn more about the classic ROSE kit. BTW, the original kit was released in the year that I was born.
http://www.mizuhoradio.org/manuals/QP-7/qp721a.pdf

Cierra

Thanks for the update Adam! What receiver kit would you recommend to go with this transmitter?

Jizhuang Ma

Hi
I'm not Adam but I thought MRX-40 would be a good choice.
Article about MRX-40 on ARRL website:http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Technology/pdf/99759.pdf

BG2KAJ
Ma

Adam Rong

Thanks BG2KAJ. The MRX-40 is definitely a classic. My solution will be something on one unit of my Choc board. Yes, the LCR designed by myself which is published on Sprat #184.

在 2021年4月6日,下午3:23,Jizhuang Ma <bg2kaj@...> 写道:

Hi
I'm not Adam but I thought MRX-40 would be a good choice.
Article about MRX-40 on ARRL website:http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Technology/pdf/99759.pdf

BG2KAJ
Ma

Nigel Young

Well, come on Adam, give us a sneak preview. Not everyone gets the sprat magazine. I don't think it gets much simpler than the MRX unless you go for a Regen receiver.

Kia Kaha

在 2021年4月7日,上午10:53,Nigel Young <multilec@...> 写道:

Well, come on Adam, give us a sneak preview. Not everyone gets the sprat magazine. I don't think it gets much simpler than the MRX unless you go for a Regen receiver.

Kia Kaha

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021, 1:03 PM Adam Rong <rongxh@...> wrote:
Thanks BG2KAJ. The MRX-40 is definitely a classic. My solution will be something on one unit of my Choc board. Yes, the LCR designed by myself which is published on Sprat #184.

在 2021年4月6日,下午3:23,Jizhuang Ma <bg2kaj@...> 写道:

Hi
I'm not Adam but I thought MRX-40 would be a good choice.
Article about MRX-40 on ARRL website:http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Technology/pdf/99759.pdf

BG2KAJ
Ma

<image0.jpeg>

Nigel Young

This looks good Adam, well done and tiny, I will have to buy some of your choc boards.

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/Tc7Apxnqo3uoIbbaSID5oQ

--
Best Regards,

Nigel Young

Martin Peters

Yes, where are these choc boards available, please?
73 - Martin, G4EFE

marjannorm

Put me down for one.....!
Norm vk5gi
McLaren Vale
South Australia

Adam Rong

I have a few left. The price is 2 USD each (3 by 4 units) plus shipping.

在 2021年4月8日,下午4:40,Martin Peters via groups.io <martin.peters@...> 写道: