Topics

KN990 vs. K2 CW weak signal side by side

Please check it out. Let me know what you think.

Adam Rong

KN990 versus IC-7300

在 2020年8月23日,上午7:17,Adam Rong via groups.io <rongxh@...> 写道:

Folks,

Please check it out. Let me know what you think.

Adam Rong

I am working with the designer on the English menu items and operating manual update. Also, a few bug fixes and feature enhancements will be incorporated in the new firmware.

Note that this is not a new product and hundreds of radios are already sold in the past.

Timothy Fidler

All seen but I have  MST 2 SSB  from Australia still to build... still in its plastic bags.. and I have a Bare MST1 board plus transformers and IF xtals ..

no need for another tcvr (cause I have a real tcvr as well as the above ) . What I do need is a decent HF aerial and to convert over my old licence....

BTW and may be of real use for you one Sunil Lakhani   of India who is in the kits in a Very small way it seems esp since he can no longer be a middle man for the uBitx40 since they are OOP.  he has built up Raduino units for $20 USD .  I don't know the quality of the build of course.  You could use an Escrow agent to buy them if interested and were concerned re the Dead on Arrival syndrome . If he refuses Escrow then you could get one to evaluate and try again.  If he still refuses then tell him to go to hell.

I can dig out his URL if you can't  chase him down.  Ham Radio Kits India Ebay search or something like that...

I 'll give it a quick go now.

SInce the name I gave is slightly out .. It is a good thing.  https://amateurradiokits.in/product/raduino-clone/

Now he lists it as out of stock. .. I have the feeling he could be a bit fly by night  this guy. How that translates into Mandarin I don't know but it means a beast of the darkness as it were. I'm basing this on the fact that he seems to have quite abit of other fast moving stuff out of stock plus the photos on this are rubbish.  You'd need to get a full spec on what sort of encoder is required. Why does he not have a PDF of the original Raduino. He just seems a bit inept. However the unit could be useful for you.

I'm guessing he has a tie in with  HFSignals ie the redoubtable Ashhar Farhan  -perhaps he takes the odd bit excess stock but he has no reliable supply chain. Up to you if you want to investigate. BTW the Rupee is NOT convertible. All Indian external transactions are normally done in USD. Don't ask, I know.

best regards

Timothy E. Fidler : Engineer BE Mech Auckland
Telephone Whangarei   022  691 8405
e: Engstr@...

Re: [crkits] KN990 vs. K2 CW weak signal side by side

I am working with the designer on the English menu items and operating manual update. Also, a few bug fixes and feature enhancements will be incorporated in the new firmware.

Note that this is not a new product and hundreds of radios are already sold in the past.

https://youtu.be/jwpTCm5Mz1k

JL1KRA K3 100W - BD6CR KN990 15W field operation SSB