Topics

HF DF Receiver

GM4HYR

Hi Folks,

I’m looking for a simple DF receiver for out club “foxhunt” and noticed your
80m DF receiver.
Now, as we only operate on 160m, does anyone know if this unit can be modified?
I would be willing to try this given some advice.

73s. Melvyn. GM4HYR

Adam Rong

Melvyn,

If you download the manual, you will see the modification to 40m. Following the same rule, you will need to modify the magnetic rod coil tank, the preselector, but you don't have to modify the oscillator as the default frequency is 1/2 of the working frequency.

R3500D English manual including part list, modification instruction to 40-meter band and photo of the PCB assembly