Topics

Handedness of winding doesn't matter?

Adrian B

Hi,

I just wound this with the opposite handedness of the example in the build instructions. I just wanted to be doubly sure that it doesn't matter, for this particular component. It's fine this way, right? I'm just concerned that there might be some subtle board layout consideration that makes it better to wind it the other way.

Thanks,
Adrian, KR0DAK

Leland L. Bahr

In your application it should make no difference.  It's when you are winding a two or more winding transformer that it becomes a problem as the wires won't come off the core in the proper arrangement.  Electrically it makes no difference.  In other words the physical layout for the board holes is what matters.  Electrically there would be no difference.

Lee, w0vt

On 10/14/2019 3:05 PM, Adrian Boyko wrote:

Hi,

I just wound this with the opposite handedness of the example in the build instructions. I just wanted to be doubly sure that it doesn't matter, for this particular component. It's fine this way, right? I'm just concerned that there might be some subtle board layout consideration that makes it better to wind it the other way.

Thanks,
Adrian, KR0DAK

Larry Lovell

Direction of winding does not matter.

--
Larry Lovell
73's N7RGW

Bryan Brauer

Why not just rewind the right way?

Bryan B. Brauer, PE
Consulting Engineer

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 2:18 PM Adrian Boyko <adrianboyko@...> wrote:

Hi,

I just wound this with the opposite handedness of the example in the build instructions. I just wanted to be doubly sure that it doesn't matter, for this particular component. It's fine this way, right? I'm just concerned that there might be some subtle board layout consideration that makes it better to wind it the other way.

Thanks,
Adrian, KR0DAK

Adam Rong

There is no right way. Either way is okay.

在 2019年10月15日,上午8:44,Bryan Brauer <bryan@...> 写道: