Topics

FX-9A QRP transceiver 2017 version

Dan Pflugrath

Anyone having a look at the FX-9A QRP transceiver?

Dan KA7GPP

Christopher Leslie

Seems a little pricey compared to what's available and what they offer for similar prices.

On Jul 2, 2017, at 12:55 AM, dpflugrath@... [CHINA_QRP] <CHINA_QRP@...> wrote:

Anyone having a look at the FX-9A QRP transceiver?

Dan KA7GPP

Brian Schmitt

After seeing the price of around $600, I would just go ahead and pay more to get a Yaesu or Icom for $800 - $900.  Or shop for a used icom or yaesu on ebay.

I would pay no more than $200 for the FX-9A.  It will probably break in 1 - 3 years of rugged use.

Dan Pflugrath

The price seems in line with similar Chinese radios at $380 USD and lots less than the FT817 which is bigger and heavier.  See the Ebay posting.

10 bands,15 watts, smallest size and light weight, and the initial release has been out since 2015.
Dan KA7GPP

AA7US

There are several reviews on eHam.net...