Topics

D4D for 6m band?

Greg DL3GJ

Hi Adam, congrats on fantastic product idea!

I checked the archive and did not find the answer so created new topic: did you consider making a 6m version of the D4D TRX? As most of the traffic on the "magic band" is FT8 it would be perfect device to take for travel - combined with Raspberry Pi and small, portable antenna... If possible - one for me please!

73 de DL3GJ Greg

Adam Rong

Greg,

It could be challenging due to thermal drift of the crystal. A TCXO is very expensive to customize. However, we can give it a try to build a sample.

在 2019年5月21日,下午4:09,Greg DL3GJ <gjacykowski@...> 写道:

Hi Adam, congrats on fantastic product idea!

I checked the archive and did not find the answer so created new topic: did you consider making a 6m version of the D4D TRX? As most of the traffic on the "magic band" is FT8 it would be perfect device to take for travel - combined with Raspberry Pi and small, portable antenna... If possible - one for me please!

73 de DL3GJ Greg

k5dez@...

I got the idea from a Youtuber....(TRXBench) and tried it on a cheap Xverter and it seems to work OK. Why not try soldering a PTC resistor to the crystal to help stabilize it? It would be a very cheap TCXO.....It would NOT be an industry standard of course but  it might work well enough. Just a thought.
Tim - K5DEZ

Adam Rong

Tim,

Thanks, this is something that we can do.

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 7:17 AM <k5dez@q.com> wrote:
I got the idea from a Youtuber....(TRXBench) and tried it on a cheap Xverter and it seems to work OK. Why not try soldering a PTC resistor to the crystal to help stabilize it? It would be a very cheap TCXO.....It would NOT be an industry standard of course but  it might work well enough. Just a thought.
Tim - K5DEZ

I did ask my crystal supplier about the possibility to customize an AT cut crystal for 50.313MHz. The answer is no, not even for an overtone type. It seems that a simple crystal controlled radio is not possible for 6m.

在 2019年5月22日,上午7:54,Adam Rong via Groups.Io <rongxh@...> 写道: