Topics

Challenge: Building a BITX on a Perf Board?

Adam Rong

Web site is updated to add Choc Perf Board.

http://crkits.com

2017年6月24日 23:09,"Adam Rong rongxh@... [CHINA_QRP]" <CHINA_QRP@...>写道:

Alright, here is the price, besides what are available from my web shop at http://crkits.com:

Shipping now:
Choc Perf Board 3 USD each, plus 5 USD shipping
Choc Perf Board x 2 + KN-Q7A metal case x 1 = 18 USD, plus 8 USD shipping
DIY7 series coils including DIY7-3.8, DIY7-7, DIY7-14, DIY7-21  1.5 USD each, plus 5 USD shipping
Crystals 7003, 7010, 7020, 7025, 7030, 7040, 10106, 10130, 14060, 14070  1.5 USD each, plus 5 USD shipping

Ship in 1~2 weeks depending on parts availability, limited quantity 20 pcs for the 1st batch:
Choc Perf Board version Knobless Wonder kit 7.200 MHz with case and controls (you drill holes for the panels yourself, no pre-drilled face plates will be provided) = 45 USD, plus 10 USD shipping, if you add speaker mic, add 25 USD including shipping

Send PayPal payment to rongxh@... and leave message for what you need to order and your ship-to-address, and I will ship early next week.

在 2017年6月24日,上午11:51,Adam Rong rongxh@... [CHINA_QRP] <CHINA_QRP@...> 写道:

[Attachment(s) from Adam Rong included below]

Another Chocolate Perf Board project: 49er CW transceiver in CRK-10A case. It is amazing that the width of 2 units fits the case so well, and cutting the length is not difficult at all. So good for a mechanical dummy like myself.

2017年6月20日 20:53,Adam Rong <bd6cr@...>写道:
They are available from crkits.com. Likely this is a kit with all the parts. Both 7090 and 7190 will be offered.

2017年6月20日 15:29xff0c;"martin jarvis martinfilbertjarvis@... [CHINA_QRP]" <CHINA_QRP@...>写道xff1a;

very interesting - where are the DIY7 series variable inductors available from? thanks

On 20 June 2017 at 16:18, Adam Rong rongxh@... [CHINA_QRP] <CHINA_QRP@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from Adam Rong included below]

This is my 2nd KW (Knobless Wonder). I made a few changes to the layout and components. The wires are now on component side. Some toroid  transformers are replaced by DIY7 series and fixed inductor. I spent a few hours debugging a self oscillation issue and the fix is to add a small resistor to the emitter pin of the final PA to ground.

I will go for a business trip shortly. For the pricing and availability, please stay tuned.

2017年6月18日 22:31xff0c;"landrjoh@... [CHINA_QRP]" <CHINA_QRP@...>写道xff1a;

---In CHINA_QRP@..., <rongxh@...> wrote :

> Let’s do 7190. It will be an international frequency and it is also okay for US technician class.

Seems like a good choice.

> I suppose nobody like winding coils, especially bi-filar or tri-filar?

I don't mind the winding part so much, it's the stripping enamel and tinning of the tiny wire leads that's somewhat unpleasant to me.  Either way works.

qrpjl1kra

Hi Adam and folks,

I made a simple template of the chocolate board.
It's helpful to consider parts layout before starting parts population.

Thank you.

Juncihi JL1KRA

Adam Rong

Thanks, Nakajima-san.

Your drawing is very nice. Here I attach my drawing to show the detail of the hole size / printing and mounting holes for IF transformers.

于 2017-7-2 10:21, mx6s@... [CHINA_QRP] 写道:

Hi Adam and folks,

I made a simple template of the chocolate board.
It's helpful to consider parts layout before starting parts population.

Thank you.

Juncihi JL1KRA

qrpjl1kra

Hi Adam,

Thank you the reference.
What I sent was a wrong drawing.
The most attractive board feature is large holes just fit to any 7mm coil.
Attached one is the template I am using.

Junichi JL1KRA