Topics

Challenge: Building a BITX on a Perf Board?

Adam Rong

Web site is updated to add Choc Perf Board.

http://crkits.com

2017年6月24日 23:09,"Adam Rong rongxh@... [CHINA_QRP]" <CHINA_QRP@...>写道:

Alright, here is the price, besides what are available from my web shop at http://crkits.com:

Shipping now:
Choc Perf Board 3 USD each, plus 5 USD shipping
Choc Perf Board x 2 + KN-Q7A metal case x 1 = 18 USD, plus 8 USD shipping
DIY7 series coils including DIY7-3.8, DIY7-7, DIY7-14, DIY7-21  1.5 USD each, plus 5 USD shipping
Crystals 7003, 7010, 7020, 7025, 7030, 7040, 10106, 10130, 14060, 14070  1.5 USD each, plus 5 USD shipping

Ship in 1~2 weeks depending on parts availability, limited quantity 20 pcs for the 1st batch:
Choc Perf Board version Knobless Wonder kit 7.200 MHz with case and controls (you drill holes for the panels yourself, no pre-drilled face plates will be provided) = 45 USD, plus 10 USD shipping, if you add speaker mic, add 25 USD including shipping

Send PayPal payment to rongxh@... and leave message for what you need to order and your ship-to-address, and I will ship early next week.

Thanks,
Adam

在 2017年6月24日,上午11:51,Adam Rong rongxh@... [CHINA_QRP] <CHINA_QRP@...> 写道:

[Attachment(s) from Adam Rong included below]

Another Chocolate Perf Board project: 49er CW transceiver in CRK-10A case. It is amazing that the width of 2 units fits the case so well, and cutting the length is not difficult at all. So good for a mechanical dummy like myself.

Thanks,
Adam

2017年6月20日 20:53,Adam Rong <bd6cr@...>写道:
They are available from crkits.com. Likely this is a kit with all the parts. Both 7090 and 7190 will be offered.

2017年6月20日 15:29xff0c;"martin jarvis martinfilbertjarvis@... [CHINA_QRP]" <CHINA_QRP@...>写道xff1a;

very interesting - where are the DIY7 series variable inductors available from? thanks

On 20 June 2017 at 16:18, Adam Rong rongxh@... [CHINA_QRP] <CHINA_QRP@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from Adam Rong included below]

This is my 2nd KW (Knobless Wonder). I made a few changes to the layout and components. The wires are now on component side. Some toroid  transformers are replaced by DIY7 series and fixed inductor. I spent a few hours debugging a self oscillation issue and the fix is to add a small resistor to the emitter pin of the final PA to ground.

I will go for a business trip shortly. For the pricing and availability, please stay tuned.

Thanks,
Adam

2017年6月18日 22:31xff0c;"landrjoh@... [CHINA_QRP]" <CHINA_QRP@...>写道xff1a;

---In CHINA_QRP@..., <rongxh@...> wrote :

> Let’s do 7190. It will be an international frequency and it is also okay for US technician class.

Seems like a good choice.

> I suppose nobody like winding coils, especially bi-filar or tri-filar?

I don't mind the winding part so much, it's the stripping enamel and tinning of the tiny wire leads that's somewhat unpleasant to me.  Either way works.

John
AA7US

qrpjl1kra

Hi Adam and folks,

I made a simple template of the chocolate board.
It's helpful to consider parts layout before starting parts population.

Thank you.

Juncihi JL1KRA

Adam Rong

Thanks, Nakajima-san.

Your drawing is very nice. Here I attach my drawing to show the detail of the hole size / printing and mounting holes for IF transformers.

Thanks,
Adam

于 2017-7-2 10:21, mx6s@... [CHINA_QRP] 写道:

Hi Adam and folks,

I made a simple template of the chocolate board.
It's helpful to consider parts layout before starting parts population.

Thank you.

Juncihi JL1KRA

qrpjl1kra

Hi Adam,

Thank you the reference.
What I sent was a wrong drawing.
The most attractive board feature is large holes just fit to any 7mm coil.
Attached one is the template I am using.

Junichi JL1KRA