Bring back some old kits?

A week ago, I checked my inventory and found some parts for a few CRK-10A CW transceiver kits. One of my friend in China built a kit and was impressed by the good performance and smooth QSK. And this morning, I just realized that I have replacement solution for MC1350P so I can bring up the much loved KN-Q7A SSB transceiver kit. The initial testing was promising although the IF Gain is not as big as MC1350P.

I don’t know how long I can stay at home before my long time business trip, but I think I can do something to prepare. The old kits will be priced at more affordable point. Let me know if you like the idea. You can check out the manuals at http://crkits.com to know more about CRK-10A and KN-Q7A kits.

AOLMemberServiceBOBAF2DX

Hi Adam,
I would like to buy the  CRX-10-A kit
 Is it local or in CHINA??
BOB AF2DX

Folks,

A week ago, I checked my inventory and found some parts for a few CRK-10A CW transceiver kits. One of my friend in China built a kit and was impressed by the good performance and smooth QSK. And this morning, I just realized that I have replacement solution for MC1350P so I can bring up the much loved KN-Q7A SSB transceiver kit. The initial testing was promising although the IF Gain is not as big as MC1350P.

I don’t know how long I can stay at home before my long time business trip, but I think I can do something to prepare. The old kits will be priced at more affordable point. Let me know if you like the idea. You can check out the manuals at http://crkits.com to know more about CRK-10A and KN-Q7A kits.

Roberto

Hi Adam,

I tried to buy D4D FT8 DSB kit, but I have some issue at the momment to pay.
Nowaday in my country (Argentina) PayPal is not allowed to operate, but is still possible to operate with credit cards.

Is it possible to buy only with VISA credit card? Let me know if you have some procedure

Thank you in advance and best regards,

73 y DX Roberto, LU7ART

El viernes, 6 de marzo de 2020 23:01:00 ART, AOLMemberServiceBOBAF2DX via Groups.Io <beargyrils@...> escribió:

[...]

Hi Roberto,

I only can accept credit card via PayPal. If you cannot use PayPal in your country, perhaps you can find a VPN or proxy.

Bob,

You can purchase from either your country or China. I will ship a few kits to Larry shortly.

Gary Freeman

FYI to all, I have had a CRK10-A for a couple of years.  It is an excellent, well designed radio and works very well.  Good luck to the guys lucky enough to get them.

73 de Gary W0ITT

Sent from my LG Mobile

A week ago, I checked my inventory and found some parts for a few CRK-10A CW transceiver kits. One of my friend in China built a kit and was impressed by the good performance and smooth QSK. And this morning, I just realized that I have replacement solution for MC1350P so I can bring up the much loved KN-Q7A SSB transceiver kit. The initial testing was promising although the IF Gain is not as big as MC1350P.

I don’t know how long I can stay at home before my long time business trip, but I think I can do something to prepare. The old kits will be priced at more affordable point. Let me know if you like the idea. You can check out the manuals at http://crkits.com to know more about CRK-10A and KN-Q7A kits.

AOLMemberServiceBOBAF2DX

OH, GOODIE,I sure miss the one I had
BOB  AF2DX

You can purchase from either your country or China. I will ship a few kits to Larry shortly.

Jizhuang Ma

Wait, I would like one.
Maybe just DM you on WeChat?

Adam Rong

Sure. I have parts for about total 20 kits. It seems they will be gone in no time.

ac2pl

i would like a kn-q7a for 20m ssb. do these have the digital vfo? or can i get the sandwich kit still? how do i order?

thanks and 73,
jeff ac2pl

Adam Rong

Hi Jeff,

I should have parts for Sandwich digital VFO kit without Arduino board which you can purchase from elsewhere.

在 2020年3月8日,上午1:25,ac2pl via Groups.Io <jeffbonanno@...> 写道:

i would like a kn-q7a for 20m ssb. do these have the digital vfo? or can i get the sandwich kit still? how do i order?

thanks and 73,
jeff ac2pl

Jim Burns

Hi Adam,
Great news !  Please put my name on one of each and let me know how to order.  I will be happy to prepay.
Thank You !
Jim WB4ILP

On 7:30PM, Fri, Mar 6, 2020 Adam Rong <rongxh@... wrote:
Folks,

A week ago, I checked my inventory and found some parts for a few CRK-10A CW transceiver kits. One of my friend in China built a kit and was impressed by the good performance and smooth QSK. And this morning, I just realized that I have replacement solution for MC1350P so I can bring up the much loved KN-Q7A SSB transceiver kit. The initial testing was promising although the IF Gain is not as big as MC1350P.

I don’t know how long I can stay at home before my long time business trip, but I think I can do something to prepare. The old kits will be priced at more affordable point. Let me know if you like the idea. You can check out the manuals at http://crkits.com to know more about CRK-10A and KN-Q7A kits.

The new batch KN-Q7A will be named CS-xxV. Here, CS means I will use CS-series face plates, xx means meter band, such as 40, V means VXO version. If you wish to order 40m version, you can call it CS-40V.

The difference between KN-Q7A and CS-xxV:
  • CS-xxV uses the main PCB and face plates of CS-series
  • CS-xxV has a LED for TX indication
  • CS-xxV uses both B10K potentiometers
  • CS-xxV uses MC1350P replacement solution
  • Perhaps CS-xxV will have a modified crystal filter design

Jim Burns

Hi Adam,
How do we order?
Thank You !
Jim

On 3:48AM, Sun, Mar 8, 2020 Adam Rong <rongxh@... wrote:
Folks,

The new batch KN-Q7A will be named CS-xxV. Here, CS means I will use CS-series face plates, xx means meter band, such as 40, V means VXO version. If you wish to order 40m version, you can call it CS-40V.

The difference between KN-Q7A and CS-xxV:
  • CS-xxV uses the main PCB and face plates of CS-series
  • CS-xxV has a LED for TX indication
  • CS-xxV uses both B10K potentiometers
  • CS-xxV uses MC1350P replacement solution
  • Perhaps CS-xxV will have a modified crystal filter design

David Holland

On 07/03/2020 22:46, Adam Rong wrote:
Hi Jeff,

I should have parts for Sandwich digital VFO kit without Arduino board which you can purchase from elsewhere.

在 2020年3月8日,上午1:25,ac2pl via Groups.Io <jeffbonanno@...> 写道:

i would like a kn-q7a for 20m ssb. do these have the digital vfo? or can i get the sandwich kit still? how do i order?

thanks and 73,
jeff ac2pl

Hi Adam,

I would like one of the sandwich VFO kits please.  Would you please let me know the price including shipping from China and also the procedure for ordering.

Best regards,

David G4LDT (in UK)

Adam Rong

Guys,

I have just completed the prototype build of the first CS-40V and it is a big success! I did modify the crystal filter response and it is much improved. You can view the photos from:

For how you order, please stay tuned as I will start another week of busy work. I should have better idea next weekend. During this week, I can order parts to prepare.

在 2020年3月8日,下午10:23,Jim Burns <outbackerwb4ilp@...> 写道:

Hi Adam,
How do we order?
Thank You !
Jim

On 3:48AM, Sun, Mar 8, 2020 Adam Rong <rongxh@... wrote:
Folks,

The new batch KN-Q7A will be named CS-xxV. Here, CS means I will use CS-series face plates, xx means meter band, such as 40, V means VXO version. If you wish to order 40m version, you can call it CS-40V.

The difference between KN-Q7A and CS-xxV:
  • CS-xxV uses the main PCB and face plates of CS-series
  • CS-xxV has a LED for TX indication
  • CS-xxV uses both B10K potentiometers
  • CS-xxV uses MC1350P replacement solution
  • Perhaps CS-xxV will have a modified crystal filter design

Greg DL3GJ

I am waiting for the 17/15m version of the KN-Q7A!

Regards Greg DL3GJ

Adam Rong

Greg,

Although sunspot is still low, we will see increase day by day. I have parts for 15m version. I can foresee the power output should be lower but I will give it a try when I have chance. If you can test together with me, let me know so I can provide parts at discount price. The frequency is around 21.230-21.260MHz.

在 2020年3月9日,下午4:08,Greg DL3GJ via Groups.Io <gjacykowski@...> 写道:

I am waiting for the 17/15m version of the KN-Q7A!

Regards Greg DL3GJ

This YouTube video by the popular channel of QRP School introduced CRK-10A side by side with MFJ-9296, MTR3B, MTR5B, and KX2 a few years ago. You can check it out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAL2lmpapjM&t=411s

And, this is the open box video for CRK-10A kit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCw47y7vE6Q