D4D Audio very low

N8DAH <Dherron@...>

RX audio is very low even with mic line at 100% any one else have this? I did swap out the 3904 for another and it did help a little.

73

 David

 N8DAH

Adam Rong

David,

What is your sound card? What is the reading of your audio input in dB? Is it over 30dB?

在 2019年6月6日,上午8:22,N8DAH <Dherron@...> 写道:

RX audio is very low even with mic line at 100% any one else have this? I did swap out the 3904 for another and it did help a little.

73

 David

 N8DAH

N8DAH <Dherron@...>

I have used 3 different cards from a StarTech to a SoundBlaster SBX and a cheap no name usb. All at 100% mic level its hard to get 30-40db.

73

 David

Adam Rong

David,

It is not normal. I have used several sound cards and they are normally above 40dB, sometimes over 50dB.  This is my Sound Blaster Play !3.
  1. Can you make sure that you have chosen the correct sound card in software? It is in Setting - Audio.
  2. Can you double check if you have installed the parts properly? If yes, try to bypass the crystal in the front end by a 103 or 104 cap to see if the audio increases.
  3. Also, if you can decode something, you don’t have to worry too much.

在 2019年6月6日,上午8:36,N8DAH <Dherron@...> 写道:

I have used 3 different cards from a StarTech to a SoundBlaster SBX and a cheap no name usb. All at 100% mic level its hard to get 30-40db.

73

 David

N8DAH <Dherron@...>

Adam,

 It is decoding, have checked parts. It does work and I am very happy with it for sure! Just wanted to see if I could help the audio out a hint more.

I made a FT8 700+mile  qso today on a indoor magloop and about 11w using the D4D on a WA2EBY amp.

73

 David

Adam Rong

David,

Please don’t add amplifier as the output spectrum is not clear due to inter-modulation, so it is a good idea to stay at 1-watt.

在 2019年6月6日,上午9:08,N8DAH <Dherron@...> 写道:

Adam,

 It is decoding, have checked parts. It does work and I am very happy with it for sure! Just wanted to see if I could help the audio out a hint more.

I made a FT8 700+mile  qso today on a indoor magloop and about 11w using the D4D on a WA2EBY amp.

73

 David

Jim

I also have low audio at around 30-40db with the pre-built 40m you sent me. But it seems to work ok...

73

Jim - KH2SR

Adam Rong

Guys,

30dB is recommended. It is not low.

在 2019年6月7日,上午12:14,Jim <KH2SR@...> 写道:

I also have low audio at around 30-40db with the pre-built 40m you sent me. But it seems to work ok...

73

Jim - KH2SR

Jim

Thanks for clarifying Adam.