Date   
(No subject)

PY2UZZ
 

tracking number

anthony jaen
 

dear adam pls send my tracking number please :)

pcb

Mark <mark7311@...>
 

Nice work Jose!

What software did you use for that? Can it produce drill code? If so, then I would be tempted to try to make a pcb from this as I have access to a cnc machine.

I assume all the parts are having through-hole leads? For those without a cnc machine, it would be nice to do this with as many smd parts as possible, then you don't have to drill for those. Also, the parts are cheaper. You could choose the biggest standard size smd parts to make soldering easier. But it's very nice work as it is now :-)

73,


Mark.

Re: tracking number

anthony jaen
 

hello Adam
please send me the tracking number number of rig :) please thanks

SSTV

Christopher Goodman
 

Since the KNQ7A works on 14.230 is there any way to hook an iPhone or Droid to it?
Chris

Re: S9 Carrier on my signal????

Christopher Goodman
 

So I did the audio spectrum analysis with no effect. I can move the trimmer both ways and the passband does not move?

If I zero beat my signal I cannot hear the carrier, but go up or down a little and it is there, and annoying. So much for a SOTA activation with it this weekend.

Any suggestions? Im about to take a hammer to this thing and order a pre-built and tested one.

Chris

--- In CHINA_QRP@..., "Mark" <mark7311@...> wrote:

Hi Chris,

Your BFO must not be adjusted correctly so your filter is not cutting the carrier off. Either that, or the carrier balance is off, but I don't remember if that is adjustable on this rig.

A quick fix would be to tune to some band noise, then adjust your BFO to change the pitch of the hiss until sounds a bit higher in frequency.

A better fix is to download the program "Spectrogram 4.12" and adjust your passband with that. It is easy and fun to do. You just need to run a cord to input the audio from your rig to the sound input on your computer. Tune the rig to some band noise and then you can view your passband. Set it so it drops off around 350 Hz at 20 dB down.

73,


Mark.


--- In CHINA_QRP@..., "ChristopherG" <cgoodman1980@> wrote:

I got reports last night that I have an S9 Carrier on my signal. He said "like an AM carrier" He said he had to use his notch filter just to hear me and single me out.

Someone also reported it this morning, but not as bad obviously.

Any ideas?

Chris
K6CMG

Re: S9 Carrier on my signal????

Mark <mark7311@...>
 

Hi Chris,

So sorry for your trouble -- so frustrating!

* When you did the audio analysis, you had an antenna hooked up right?

* On regular listening tests, how do the received voices sound?

* When listening to received voices, does changing VC change the sound of the voices?

* Can you send a screenshot of the spectrum as it is now?


This should help figure out where to go next...


73,


Mark.

--- In CHINA_QRP@..., "ChristopherG" <cgoodman1980@...> wrote:

So I did the audio spectrum analysis with no effect. I can move the trimmer both ways and the passband does not move?

If I zero beat my signal I cannot hear the carrier, but go up or down a little and it is there, and annoying. So much for a SOTA activation with it this weekend.

Any suggestions? Im about to take a hammer to this thing and order a pre-built and tested one.

Chris

--- In CHINA_QRP@..., "Mark" <mark7311@> wrote:

Hi Chris,

Your BFO must not be adjusted correctly so your filter is not cutting the carrier off. Either that, or the carrier balance is off, but I don't remember if that is adjustable on this rig.

A quick fix would be to tune to some band noise, then adjust your BFO to change the pitch of the hiss until sounds a bit higher in frequency.

A better fix is to download the program "Spectrogram 4.12" and adjust your passband with that. It is easy and fun to do. You just need to run a cord to input the audio from your rig to the sound input on your computer. Tune the rig to some band noise and then you can view your passband. Set it so it drops off around 350 Hz at 20 dB down.

73,


Mark.


--- In CHINA_QRP@..., "ChristopherG" <cgoodman1980@> wrote:

I got reports last night that I have an S9 Carrier on my signal. He said "like an AM carrier" He said he had to use his notch filter just to hear me and single me out.

Someone also reported it this morning, but not as bad obviously.

Any ideas?

Chris
K6CMG

Re: S9 Carrier on my signal????

Christopher Goodman
 

I did one last night. and the night before using two different antennas.

Listening is good.

the VC changes the voices and mine too.

screenshot after lunch break. I will run the test again. Maybe I'll do video too?

Other Info about my rig.

If i Zero beat a signal while some one else is calling CQ they usually dont know....But I am effectively annoying anyone above or below by just my transmitting signal with the carrier...This is why I got good reports from Ak, FL and PA, last weekend when I chased a couple of the competitors.

I have replaced all the 4148 diodes on that side of the board.
I have replaced both 602's and the MC1350....Apparently no affect.
I have replaced the IRF530 and the 7808.

I had power issues early on and blew the on-board fuse...now I have a car fuse of that same value tacked onto the diode. Would those power spikes have blown something important to my particular problem?

Would the BB910 be an issue for this? Or one of the amplifier stages?
Or the IFT DIY7-7 being bad? Or the VC being bad?

I checked the soldering last night and touched up a few last night for good measure. No problems found there.

The Oregon station I talked to on my Break this morning said the carrier was still there. Coincidentally he built the 40m version. Said getting the Passband in the correct area was the hardest part of the entire build.

Working 2345 miles to Kenai Ak last weekend QRP with a Hamstick was awesome but I would like to get rid of the darn carrier.

-Christopher

--- In CHINA_QRP@..., "Mark" <mark7311@...> wrote:

Hi Chris,

So sorry for your trouble -- so frustrating!

* When you did the audio analysis, you had an antenna hooked up right?

* On regular listening tests, how do the received voices sound?

* When listening to received voices, does changing VC change the sound of the voices?

* Can you send a screenshot of the spectrum as it is now?


This should help figure out where to go next...


73,


Mark.

--- In CHINA_QRP@..., "ChristopherG" <cgoodman1980@> wrote:

So I did the audio spectrum analysis with no effect. I can move the trimmer both ways and the passband does not move?

If I zero beat my signal I cannot hear the carrier, but go up or down a little and it is there, and annoying. So much for a SOTA activation with it this weekend.

Any suggestions? Im about to take a hammer to this thing and order a pre-built and tested one.

Chris

--- In CHINA_QRP@..., "Mark" <mark7311@> wrote:

Hi Chris,

Your BFO must not be adjusted correctly so your filter is not cutting the carrier off. Either that, or the carrier balance is off, but I don't remember if that is adjustable on this rig.

A quick fix would be to tune to some band noise, then adjust your BFO to change the pitch of the hiss until sounds a bit higher in frequency.

A better fix is to download the program "Spectrogram 4.12" and adjust your passband with that. It is easy and fun to do. You just need to run a cord to input the audio from your rig to the sound input on your computer. Tune the rig to some band noise and then you can view your passband. Set it so it drops off around 350 Hz at 20 dB down.

73,


Mark.


--- In CHINA_QRP@..., "ChristopherG" <cgoodman1980@> wrote:

I got reports last night that I have an S9 Carrier on my signal. He said "like an AM carrier" He said he had to use his notch filter just to hear me and single me out.

Someone also reported it this morning, but not as bad obviously.

Any ideas?

Chris
K6CMG

Re: tracking number

Adam Rong
 

Sorry, I am still travelling. I think I can be back mid next week.


-------- 原始邮件 --------
发件人: anthony jaen <chickenjoymanok@...>
日期: 2013-04-04 02:28 (GMT+08:00)
收件人: CHINA_QRP@...
主题: Re: [CHINA_QRP] tracking number


 

hello Adam
please send me the tracking number number of rig :) please thanks

Non China 2 band rig X1M HF Transceiver Review and Testing

 

 
Credit for the write up goes to Fred VE3FAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another 2 band rig from par (http://www.lnrprecision.com/)
The price went from $140.00 to $185.00
2 band 40 & 30 meter and 3 watts.
$270.00 with a matching end fed tuner.
I build these tuners for about $12.00
BOB
AF2Q
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have seen the unit before…They were selling that and the Par End Fedz as a package deal.. They had asked Yimin if he was interested in a package combo at one time but was too busy to commit at the time.

Not sure how that unit actually works as I have not had the chance to operate one or even see one.

Seen a few others out there as well, the X1M is being advertised again and last year I beta tested it for Yimin who was wanting to build and put out there but looks like someone else took that project on.

My review is here but no pictures or videos, not sure if I trashed them or not.

Here are my results from my beta test:

X1M HF Transceiver Review and Testing

Review and testing by Fred Lesnick VE3FAL Aug 3 2012 First Impressions:

When I took the unit out of the box I was amazed at the size and ruggedness of the build. The green display is easy to read as is all the silk screening on the front and rear covers.

The audio from the unit is also very clean and loud for a small unit.

The unit is very light for an all band and all mode unit.

Preamp works well and unit is very quiet on receive.

Menu navigation is easy.

Cons (Issues)

1) Coax connection is very particular and will not properly accept many of the PL259 connectors that I tried on the unit, very tight putting on and almost feels cross threaded when putting on, maybe should change to BNC connectors?

2) Polarity should be silk screened on rear of radio for correct polarity when using barrel connectors, not sure of what kind of reverse polarity protection is in the radio

3) PTT should be labeled MIC

4) A/M KEY could be labeled KEY

5) CW delay or QSK is very spotty to set, if delay is set too low then the unit does not key right away and send carrier, if it set to 1000 in the menu then the delay on receive is too long and the station you are calling has already started and you missed the comeback from the station.

6) No Power Out or S meter indication on display

7) No adjustable filtering for SSB or CW use.

8) Power output is very low and also non-existent in some parts of the spectrum

9) CW tone volume not adjustable

10) Headphone jack should be on front of unit

Pros (Likes)

1) Display is clear and bright, not too small and still easy to read

2) CW tone is clear

3) Audio is clear from unit

4) Size of radio makes it very compact for portable use

5) Data jack on back of unit nice feature for digital modes

6) Silk screening is very pleasant to read

7) Case and unit is well built

8) All controls on unit feel good

9) 99 memories

10) General coverage receiver

Rig Overview and Rig Control Functions:

BL/LOCK Button (RED): When this button is momentarily pressed it will LOCK all buttons and main tuning control. If pressed again it will UNLOCK (You will see the KEY symbol on left hand side of display screen) If same button is pressed for 2 seconds, this will disable the backlight of the display. Hold for 2 seconds again to turn backlight on.

BAND Button: When pressed for 2 seconds this will bring you too the SYSTEM MENU display-from here you have 2 options- YES or NO. By pressing the button directly underneath either option will make the choice. If YES is pushed this is what you may see: * indicates default setting when radio received.

1) RCLK Ratio x6* x1

2) DDS Clock 032768131*

3) LSB BFO 08988750*

4) USB BFO 09000850*

5) CW BFO 09001380*

6) IF OFFSET +08999830*

7) KEY MODE MANUL* AUTO

8) KEY SPEED A-KEY-SPEED 060* (adjustable)

9) CW DELAY 1000* (adjustable from 0000-5000)

To make any changes to the menu values push main tuning knob in and if value can be changed you will see 2 arrows on either side of the setting, it then can be changed. Once changed quickly press main tuning button again to exit menu.

When all settings are adjusted-momentarily press and release RED BL/LOCK button- It will then ask if you want to SAVE CHANGES? YES or NO Press the black button directly under the option you wish to choose. You will then be directed back to the VFO/MEMO setting when all is saved.

RIT BUTTON: When quickly pressed this will allow you to go into RIT mode on receive. It is the adjustable from the MAIN TUNING knob and the offset can be seen on the screen. To get out of RIT mode press RIT button quickly one more time.

If RIT button is held for 2 seconds it will turn the PREAMP ON or OFF, when on you will see PRE in the display.

MODE BUTTON: When MODE button is quickly pressed it will allow you to change modes between CW, LSB and USB VFO A/B BUTTON: This button when quickly pressed allows you to toggle between VFO A and B. From here separate bands and modes can be selected in either VFO.

When the VFO A/B BUTTON is pushed for 2 seconds it allows you to enter SPLIT (SPL) mode as displayed on the screen. This allows you to transmit and receive on 2 different frequencies. To EXIT SPL mode push in VFO A/B BUTTON for 2 seconds.

VFO/MEMO BUTTON: This button when quickly pressed will toggle you between VFO and PRESET MEMORIES. Memories are labeled from 00-99. When in VFO mode you will see on the bottom left of the display RV-A. This means you are receiving in VFO A, when you transmit the R will turn into a T.

If you press the VFO/MEMO button again it will go to MEMO mode. You will then see CH## in the right hand corner of the display. In VFO mode choose the frequency and mode you wish to save. Then push VFO/MEMO BUTTON, choose CH## you want to save setting in, the CH## will flash if nothing in it. Turn MAIN TUNING DIAL to choose desired memory channel. Once channel is chosen push and hold VFO/MEMO button until CH## stops flashing and you hear a warble sound.

PWR/VOL BUTTON: This button TURNS your unit ON and OFF and also adjusts your volume level.

PTT: This is microphone jack

A/M KEY: This is for your straight key or iambic keyer. In the System menu settings you can set this for MANUAL or AUTO detection of KEY type.

DATA/AAT: This is for using DIGITAL modes using computers and various modems and soundcard devices.

Pictures/Videos and other Data:

Picture 1: Front panel shot with back light ON Picture 2: Front panel shot with backlight OFF Picture 3: Front panel shot with LOCK on, KEY is to LEFT of display Picture 4: SYSTEM MENU using BAND switch Picture 5: Shows RIT ON Picture 6: MODE Selection CW setting Picture 7: MODE Selection LSB setting Picture 8: Showing VFO B Picture 9: Showing SPLIT mode (SPL) Picture 10: Showing PREAMP ON (PRE) Picture 11: Showing PREAMP OFF Picture 12: Showing MEMORY CH selection Picture 13: Sowing MEMORY CH selection Picture 14: Back of radio Picture 15: Screen when radio is powered up Picture 16: SWR near flat 14.046 2.5 watts Picture 17: On key down power will rise to 3 watts Picture 18: Transmitter set to 14.046-actual tone on external receiver shows zero beat at 14.0457-300 Hz offset Picture 19: External receiver showing actual zero beat to X1M Video #1: QSK and CW delay issues. Power output and key click on unit when CW delay turned way down Video #2: Power output from 1-30 MHz into 100 watt dummy load and Daiwa cross needle meter. Very strange output variances across the spectrum. Power will vary from 1-5 watts across the band.

Current draw: 340ma with backlight off on receive Current draw: 420ma with backlight on and receiving Current draw: 1.17amps on transmit into dummy load

Fred

VE3FAL

Re: Non China 2 band rig X1M HF Transceiver Review and Testing

Ed Vignati
 

I think this is what your review is on, it's sold by Knight Radio

X1M QRP SSB/CW Transceiver


http://www.kightradio.com/X1M-QRP-SSBCW-Transceiver_p_305.html

http://www.kightradio.com/QRP-HF-Radios_c_87.html

Ed KJ4FGI

--- In CHINA_QRP@..., beargyrils@... wrote:


Credit for the write up goes to Fred VE3FAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------
Another 2 band rig from par (http://www.lnrprecision.com/)
The price went from $140.00 to $185.00
2 band 40 & 30 meter and 3 watts.
$270.00 with a matching end fed tuner.
I build these tuners for about $12.00
BOB
AF2Q
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have seen the unit before…They were selling that and the Par End Fedz as
a package deal.. They had asked Yimin if he was interested in a package
combo at one time but was too busy to commit at the time.
Not sure how that unit actually works as I have not had the chance to
operate one or even see one.
Seen a few others out there as well, the X1M is being advertised again and
last year I beta tested it for Yimin who was wanting to build and put out
there but looks like someone else took that project on.
My review is here but no pictures or videos, not sure if I trashed them or
not.
Here are my results from my beta test:
X1M HF Transceiver Review and Testing
Review and testing by Fred Lesnick VE3FAL Aug 3 2012 First Impressions:
When I took the unit out of the box I was amazed at the size and
ruggedness of the build. The green display is easy to read as is all the silk
screening on the front and rear covers.
The audio from the unit is also very clean and loud for a small unit.
The unit is very light for an all band and all mode unit.
Preamp works well and unit is very quiet on receive.
Menu navigation is easy.
Cons (Issues)
1) Coax connection is very particular and will not properly accept many of
the PL259 connectors that I tried on the unit, very tight putting on and
almost feels cross threaded when putting on, maybe should change to BNC
connectors?
2) Polarity should be silk screened on rear of radio for correct polarity
when using barrel connectors, not sure of what kind of reverse polarity
protection is in the radio
3) PTT should be labeled MIC
4) A/M KEY could be labeled KEY
5) CW delay or QSK is very spotty to set, if delay is set too low then the
unit does not key right away and send carrier, if it set to 1000 in the
menu then the delay on receive is too long and the station you are calling
has already started and you missed the comeback from the station.
6) No Power Out or S meter indication on display
7) No adjustable filtering for SSB or CW use.
8) Power output is very low and also non-existent in some parts of the
spectrum
9) CW tone volume not adjustable
10) Headphone jack should be on front of unit
Pros (Likes)
1) Display is clear and bright, not too small and still easy to read
2) CW tone is clear
3) Audio is clear from unit
4) Size of radio makes it very compact for portable use
5) Data jack on back of unit nice feature for digital modes
6) Silk screening is very pleasant to read
7) Case and unit is well built
8) All controls on unit feel good
9) 99 memories
10) General coverage receiver
Rig Overview and Rig Control Functions:
BL/LOCK Button (RED): When this button is momentarily pressed it will LOCK
all buttons and main tuning control. If pressed again it will UNLOCK (You
will see the KEY symbol on left hand side of display screen) If same button
is pressed for 2 seconds, this will disable the backlight of the display.
Hold for 2 seconds again to turn backlight on.
BAND Button: When pressed for 2 seconds this will bring you too the SYSTEM
MENU display-from here you have 2 options- YES or NO. By pressing the
button directly underneath either option will make the choice. If YES is pushed
this is what you may see: * indicates default setting when radio received.
1) RCLK Ratio x6* x1
2) DDS Clock 032768131*
3) LSB BFO 08988750*
4) USB BFO 09000850*
5) CW BFO 09001380*
6) IF OFFSET +08999830*
7) KEY MODE MANUL* AUTO
8) KEY SPEED A-KEY-SPEED 060* (adjustable)
9) CW DELAY 1000* (adjustable from 0000-5000)
To make any changes to the menu values push main tuning knob in and if
value can be changed you will see 2 arrows on either side of the setting, it
then can be changed. Once changed quickly press main tuning button again to
exit menu.
When all settings are adjusted-momentarily press and release RED BL/LOCK
button- It will then ask if you want to SAVE CHANGES? YES or NO Press the
black button directly under the option you wish to choose. You will then be
directed back to the VFO/MEMO setting when all is saved.
RIT BUTTON: When quickly pressed this will allow you to go into RIT mode
on receive. It is the adjustable from the MAIN TUNING knob and the offset
can be seen on the screen. To get out of RIT mode press RIT button quickly
one more time.
If RIT button is held for 2 seconds it will turn the PREAMP ON or OFF,
when on you will see PRE in the display.
MODE BUTTON: When MODE button is quickly pressed it will allow you to
change modes between CW, LSB and USB VFO A/B BUTTON: This button when quickly
pressed allows you to toggle between VFO A and B. From here separate bands
and modes can be selected in either VFO.
When the VFO A/B BUTTON is pushed for 2 seconds it allows you to enter
SPLIT (SPL) mode as displayed on the screen. This allows you to transmit and
receive on 2 different frequencies. To EXIT SPL mode push in VFO A/B BUTTON
for 2 seconds.
VFO/MEMO BUTTON: This button when quickly pressed will toggle you between
VFO and PRESET MEMORIES. Memories are labeled from 00-99. When in VFO mode
you will see on the bottom left of the display RV-A. This means you are
receiving in VFO A, when you transmit the R will turn into a T.
If you press the VFO/MEMO button again it will go to MEMO mode. You will
then see CH## in the right hand corner of the display. In VFO mode choose
the frequency and mode you wish to save. Then push VFO/MEMO BUTTON, choose
CH## you want to save setting in, the CH## will flash if nothing in it. Turn
MAIN TUNING DIAL to choose desired memory channel. Once channel is chosen
push and hold VFO/MEMO button until CH## stops flashing and you hear a warble
sound.
PWR/VOL BUTTON: This button TURNS your unit ON and OFF and also adjusts
your volume level.
PTT: This is microphone jack
A/M KEY: This is for your straight key or iambic keyer. In the System menu
settings you can set this for MANUAL or AUTO detection of KEY type.
DATA/AAT: This is for using DIGITAL modes using computers and various
modems and soundcard devices.
Pictures/Videos and other Data:
Picture 1: Front panel shot with back light ON Picture 2: Front panel shot
with backlight OFF Picture 3: Front panel shot with LOCK on, KEY is to
LEFT of display Picture 4: SYSTEM MENU using BAND switch Picture 5: Shows RIT
ON Picture 6: MODE Selection CW setting Picture 7: MODE Selection LSB
setting Picture 8: Showing VFO B Picture 9: Showing SPLIT mode (SPL) Picture 10:
Showing PREAMP ON (PRE) Picture 11: Showing PREAMP OFF Picture 12: Showing
MEMORY CH selection Picture 13: Sowing MEMORY CH selection Picture 14: Back
of radio Picture 15: Screen when radio is powered up Picture 16: SWR near
flat 14.046 2.5 watts Picture 17: On key down power will rise to 3 watts
Picture 18: Transmitter set to 14.046-actual tone on external receiver shows
zero beat at 14.0457-300 Hz offset Picture 19: External receiver showing
actual zero beat to X1M Video #1: QSK and CW delay issues. Power output and
key click on unit when CW delay turned way down Video #2: Power output from
1-30 MHz into 100 watt dummy load and Daiwa cross needle meter. Very
strange output variances across the spectrum. Power will vary from 1-5 watts
across the band.
Current draw: 340ma with backlight off on receive Current draw: 420ma with
backlight on and receiving Current draw: 1.17amps on transmit into dummy
load
Fred
VE3FAL

Re: Non China 2 band rig X1M HF Transceiver Review and Tes...

 

 
Hi Ed,
I just posted Freds writing on the rig.
I did see 1 U tube and it was for CW only.
I never booked marked that site but it did not look like what is shown on the links you have here.
BOB
AF2Q
 
 

In a message dated 4/5/2013 8:58:14 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, kj4fgi@... writes:
I think this is what your review is on, it's sold by Knight Radio

X1M QRP SSB/CW Transceiver

http://www.kightradio.com/X1M-QRP-SSBCW-Transceiver_p_305.html

http://www.kightradio.com/QRP-HF-Radios_c_87.html

Ed KJ4FGI
 

CRK-10 Rock bound rig

 

I have on that sits on 7.025.0
Can this just have a 7.045.0 XTAL replaced with no parts changing so I can listen to W1AW?
Thanks
BOB
AF2Q

Re: CRK-10 Rock bound rig

Carlos Roberto Paoli
 

Hi Bob,

Can't...there are two crystals in the same frequency, they are part of the
2 pole crystal filter on the front-end to block most of the broadcast interference.
Maybe you can make a by-pass in this filter, but I do not know if you got
good results...I believe you have to change also the other two crystals to have
a clean reception.

So, read "Theory of Operation" in CRK-10 manual, found in:
http://crkits.com/crk10manual.pdf

Good luck

 73 de Carlos Paoli - PY2FFZ




De: "beargyrils@..."
Para: CHINA_QRP@...
Enviadas: Sexta-feira, 5 de Abril de 2013 13:08
Assunto: [CHINA_QRP] CRK-10 Rock bound rig



I have on that sits on 7.025.0
Can this just have a 7.045.0 XTAL replaced with no parts changing so I can listen to W1AW?
Thanks
BOB
AF2Q




Re: CRK-10 Rock bound rig

 

Hi Carlos,
Thank you very much for responding.
I had a feeling that it was not able to be changed.
I know some where on the web there is a kit just for W1AW receive.
But I know that many times when W1AW is finished and I drop by call some other ham responds.
And I would like something small that would run for a few hours on a 9 volt battery.
I'll keep searching.
Many thanks for responding.
BOB
AF2Q
 

In a message dated 4/5/2013 2:26:43 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, crpaoli@... writes:
Hi Bob,

Can't...there are two crystals in the same frequency, they are part of the
2 pole crystal filter on the front-end to block most of the broadcast interference.
Maybe you can make a by-pass in this filter, but I do not know if you got
good results...I believe you have to change also the other two crystals to have
a clean reception.

So, read "Theory of Operation" in CRK-10 manual, found in:
http://crkits.com/crk10manual.pdf

Good luck

 73 de Carlos Paoli - PY2FFZ
 

Re: CRK-10 Rock bound rig

Carlos Roberto Paoli
 

Hi Bob,

You want a kit or you can buy components to DIY a RX?

Has many good projects on the web about DC receivers,
I can point out some for you.


73 de Carlos Paoli - PY2FFZ

Em 05/04/2013, às 18:42, beargyrils@... escreveu:

Hi Carlos,
Thank you very much for responding.
I had a feeling that it was not able to be changed.
I know some where on the web there is a kit just for W1AW receive.
But I know that many times when W1AW is finished and I drop by call some other ham responds.
And I would like something small that would run for a few hours on a 9 volt battery.
I'll keep searching.
Many thanks for responding.
BOB
AF2Q
 
In a message dated 4/5/2013 2:26:43 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, crpaoli@... writes:
Hi Bob,

Can't...there are two crystals in the same frequency, they are part of the
2 pole crystal filter on the front-end to block most of the broadcast interference.
Maybe you can make a by-pass in this filter, but I do not know if you got
good results...I believe you have to change also the other two crystals to have
a clean reception.

So, read "Theory of Operation" in CRK-10 manual, found in:

Good luck

 73 de Carlos Paoli - PY2FFZ
 

Re: Non China 2 band rig X1M HF Transceiver Review and Tes...

john_kb7nrn <john.bauman@...>
 

If you notice on the Knight Radio site the X1M isn't shipping yet. They are only taking prorders.

--- In CHINA_QRP@..., beargyrils@... wrote:



Hi Ed,
I just posted Freds writing on the rig.
I did see 1 U tube and it was for CW only.
I never booked marked that site but it did not look like what is shown on
the links you have here.
BOB
AF2Q


In a message dated 4/5/2013 8:58:14 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
kj4fgi@... writes:

I think this is what your review is on, it's sold by Knight Radio

X1M QRP SSB/CW Transceiver

http://www.kightradio.com/X1M-QRP-SSBCW-Transceiver_p_305.html

http://www.kightradio.com/QRP-HF-Radios_c_87.html

Ed KJ4FGI

7.240 with KN-Q7A?

john_kb7nrn <john.bauman@...>
 

From what I've read in the last year on the KN-Q7A, the vxo will not tune to 7.240 mhz. Is there a way around thi?

John

Re: 7.240 with KN-Q7A?

 

 
John,
Mine tunes 7,220 to 7.240.
If you need to go higher you can do a simple mod.
Try looking in the files section.
It has been done because I have seen it posted here.
BOB
AF2Q
 

In a message dated 4/6/2013 7:40:33 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, john.bauman@... writes:
From what I've read in the last year on the KN-Q7A, the vxo will not tune to 7.240 mhz. Is there a way around thi?

John
 

Re: 7.240 with KN-Q7A?

john_kb7nrn <john.bauman@...>
 

Bob,
Don't see anything in the files section for wider freq coverage.
John

--- In CHINA_QRP@..., beargyrils@... wrote:



John,
Mine tunes 7,220 to 7.240.
If you need to go higher you can do a simple mod.
Try looking in the files section.
It has been done because I have seen it posted here.
BOB
AF2Q

In a message dated 4/6/2013 7:40:33 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
john.bauman@... writes:

From what I've read in the last year on the KN-Q7A, the vxo will not tune
to 7.240 mhz. Is there a way around thi?

John