Date   
New file uploaded to crkits@groups.io

crkits@groups.io Notification <crkits+notification@...>
 

Hello,

This email message is a notification to let you know that the following files have been uploaded to the Files area of the crkits@groups.io group.

Uploaded By: Adam Rong <rongxh@...>

Description:
D4D Kit Assembly Manual Rev. D French translation by Gilles Delpech F1BFU / FR. Many thanks!

Cheers,
The Groups.io Team

Re: Shipping abnormal notification

Nigel Young
 

Ok Adam, 
we will remember that when they need some milk powder and timber 😉
Nigel

On Sat., 28 Mar. 2020, 6:41 pm Adam Rong, <rongxh@...> wrote:
Not a trade agreement issue. It’s due to COV.

Thanks,
Adam

在 2020年3月28日,下午1:33,Nigel Young <multilec@...> 写道:


Don't know why they can't ship to AU and NZ, we both have trade agreements with China. What a shame.

Nigel

On Sat., 28 Mar. 2020, 11:58 am Adam Rong, <rongxh@...> wrote:
Folks,

A regular air parcel to USA east coast will take 3-4 weeks now, but normally it is 10-14 days. Even for express shipping like EMS or FedEx, it is longer than expected. For example, an EMS parcel to France will take more than a week, but normally it is within a week.

New notification from my shipping forwarder: Shipping to Australia and New Zealand is not accepted.

Thanks,
Adam

> 在 2020年3月21日,上午8:16,Adam Rong <rongxh@...> 写道:
>
> Folks,
>
> I just received a notification from my shipping agent that the international shipping is abnormal due to COV outbreak worldwide. They are not liable if the shipping is delayed or returned. If it is returned, the freight cannot be refunded.
>
> In this case, please be patient if it gets much slower. Please refrain from placing more orders until further notice. If you have questions, please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Adam




Re: Shipping abnormal notification

Adam Rong
 

Not a trade agreement issue. It’s due to COV.

Thanks,
Adam

在 2020年3月28日,下午1:33,Nigel Young <multilec@...> 写道:


Don't know why they can't ship to AU and NZ, we both have trade agreements with China. What a shame.

Nigel

On Sat., 28 Mar. 2020, 11:58 am Adam Rong, <rongxh@...> wrote:
Folks,

A regular air parcel to USA east coast will take 3-4 weeks now, but normally it is 10-14 days. Even for express shipping like EMS or FedEx, it is longer than expected. For example, an EMS parcel to France will take more than a week, but normally it is within a week.

New notification from my shipping forwarder: Shipping to Australia and New Zealand is not accepted.

Thanks,
Adam

> 在 2020年3月21日,上午8:16,Adam Rong <rongxh@...> 写道:
>
> Folks,
>
> I just received a notification from my shipping agent that the international shipping is abnormal due to COV outbreak worldwide. They are not liable if the shipping is delayed or returned. If it is returned, the freight cannot be refunded.
>
> In this case, please be patient if it gets much slower. Please refrain from placing more orders until further notice. If you have questions, please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Adam




Re: Shipping abnormal notification

Nigel Young
 

Don't know why they can't ship to AU and NZ, we both have trade agreements with China. What a shame.

Nigel

On Sat., 28 Mar. 2020, 11:58 am Adam Rong, <rongxh@...> wrote:
Folks,

A regular air parcel to USA east coast will take 3-4 weeks now, but normally it is 10-14 days. Even for express shipping like EMS or FedEx, it is longer than expected. For example, an EMS parcel to France will take more than a week, but normally it is within a week.

New notification from my shipping forwarder: Shipping to Australia and New Zealand is not accepted.

Thanks,
Adam

> 在 2020年3月21日,上午8:16,Adam Rong <rongxh@...> 写道:
>
> Folks,
>
> I just received a notification from my shipping agent that the international shipping is abnormal due to COV outbreak worldwide. They are not liable if the shipping is delayed or returned. If it is returned, the freight cannot be refunded.
>
> In this case, please be patient if it gets much slower. Please refrain from placing more orders until further notice. If you have questions, please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Adam




Re: Shipping abnormal notification

Adam Rong
 

Folks,

A regular air parcel to USA east coast will take 3-4 weeks now, but normally it is 10-14 days. Even for express shipping like EMS or FedEx, it is longer than expected. For example, an EMS parcel to France will take more than a week, but normally it is within a week.

New notification from my shipping forwarder: Shipping to Australia and New Zealand is not accepted.

Thanks,
Adam

在 2020年3月21日,上午8:16,Adam Rong <rongxh@...> 写道:

Folks,

I just received a notification from my shipping agent that the international shipping is abnormal due to COV outbreak worldwide. They are not liable if the shipping is delayed or returned. If it is returned, the freight cannot be refunded.

In this case, please be patient if it gets much slower. Please refrain from placing more orders until further notice. If you have questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Adam

Re: Windcamp products

Adam Rong
 

David,

For now, the slower shipping is not a good option.

Thanks,
Adam

在 2020年3月25日,下午10:14,David Holland <g4ldt@...> 写道:


On 25/03/2020 14:07, Adam Rong wrote:
The default shipping is express because I wish to bring good experiences to new customers. After we build good trust, you can choose much lower shipping rate, and of course it is slower.

Thanks,
Adam

在 2020年3月25日,下午9:07,David Holland <g4ldt@...> 写道:


On 25/03/2020 12:57, Adam Rong wrote:
Hi David,

You can place order through my web store at


AP-8 is not listed. You can add 2 more D4D kits (price 70 USD) and make payment and leave your message. 

Thanks,
Adam

在 2020年3月25日,下午8:45,David Holland <g4ldt@...> 写道:

On 25/03/2020 11:18, Adam Rong wrote:
Folks,

I am a distributor of Windcamp. I am stocking these two products:

AP-8 Anderson Powerpole Splitter 

(1 in 7 out)


Gipsy 5-50MHz Coil Dipole Antenna



The price is good for this group. If you also like other products on the web site, please let me know so I can stock some of them.

Thanks,
Adam

How do I buy items from you?  I am interested in the powerpole splitter and the DSB FT8 transceiver kits.

Regards

David G4LDT


Loks great Adam but why are the postage charges so high?  I would have bought the items but not with those postage charges, sorry.

Best regards,

David G4LDT

Well just let me know when the shipping price reduces and I will put an order in.

Best regards,

David G4LDT

Re: Windcamp products

David Holland
 

On 25/03/2020 14:07, Adam Rong wrote:
The default shipping is express because I wish to bring good experiences to new customers. After we build good trust, you can choose much lower shipping rate, and of course it is slower.

Thanks,
Adam

在 2020年3月25日,下午9:07,David Holland <g4ldt@...> 写道:


On 25/03/2020 12:57, Adam Rong wrote:
Hi David,

You can place order through my web store at


AP-8 is not listed. You can add 2 more D4D kits (price 70 USD) and make payment and leave your message. 

Thanks,
Adam

在 2020年3月25日,下午8:45,David Holland <g4ldt@...> 写道:

On 25/03/2020 11:18, Adam Rong wrote:
Folks,

I am a distributor of Windcamp. I am stocking these two products:

AP-8 Anderson Powerpole Splitter 

(1 in 7 out)


Gipsy 5-50MHz Coil Dipole Antenna



The price is good for this group. If you also like other products on the web site, please let me know so I can stock some of them.

Thanks,
Adam

How do I buy items from you?  I am interested in the powerpole splitter and the DSB FT8 transceiver kits.

Regards

David G4LDT


Loks great Adam but why are the postage charges so high?  I would have bought the items but not with those postage charges, sorry.

Best regards,

David G4LDT

Well just let me know when the shipping price reduces and I will put an order in.

Best regards,

David G4LDT

Re: Windcamp products

Adam Rong
 

The default shipping is express because I wish to bring good experiences to new customers. After we build good trust, you can choose much lower shipping rate, and of course it is slower.

Thanks,
Adam

在 2020年3月25日,下午9:07,David Holland <g4ldt@...> 写道:


On 25/03/2020 12:57, Adam Rong wrote:
Hi David,

You can place order through my web store at


AP-8 is not listed. You can add 2 more D4D kits (price 70 USD) and make payment and leave your message. 

Thanks,
Adam

在 2020年3月25日,下午8:45,David Holland <g4ldt@...> 写道:

On 25/03/2020 11:18, Adam Rong wrote:
Folks,

I am a distributor of Windcamp. I am stocking these two products:

AP-8 Anderson Powerpole Splitter 

(1 in 7 out)


Gipsy 5-50MHz Coil Dipole Antenna



The price is good for this group. If you also like other products on the web site, please let me know so I can stock some of them.

Thanks,
Adam

How do I buy items from you?  I am interested in the powerpole splitter and the DSB FT8 transceiver kits.

Regards

David G4LDT


Loks great Adam but why are the postage charges so high?  I would have bought the items but not with those postage charges, sorry.

Best regards,

David G4LDT

Re: Windcamp products

David Holland
 

On 25/03/2020 12:57, Adam Rong wrote:
Hi David,

You can place order through my web store at


AP-8 is not listed. You can add 2 more D4D kits (price 70 USD) and make payment and leave your message. 

Thanks,
Adam

在 2020年3月25日,下午8:45,David Holland <g4ldt@...> 写道:

On 25/03/2020 11:18, Adam Rong wrote:
Folks,

I am a distributor of Windcamp. I am stocking these two products:

AP-8 Anderson Powerpole Splitter 

(1 in 7 out)


Gipsy 5-50MHz Coil Dipole Antenna



The price is good for this group. If you also like other products on the web site, please let me know so I can stock some of them.

Thanks,
Adam

How do I buy items from you?  I am interested in the powerpole splitter and the DSB FT8 transceiver kits.

Regards

David G4LDT


Loks great Adam but why are the postage charges so high?  I would have bought the items but not with those postage charges, sorry.

Best regards,

David G4LDT

Re: Windcamp products

Adam Rong
 

Hi David,

You can place order through my web store at


AP-8 is not listed. You can add 2 more D4D kits (price 70 USD) and make payment and leave your message. 

Thanks,
Adam

在 2020年3月25日,下午8:45,David Holland <g4ldt@...> 写道:

On 25/03/2020 11:18, Adam Rong wrote:
Folks,

I am a distributor of Windcamp. I am stocking these two products:

AP-8 Anderson Powerpole Splitter 

(1 in 7 out)


Gipsy 5-50MHz Coil Dipole Antenna



The price is good for this group. If you also like other products on the web site, please let me know so I can stock some of them.

Thanks,
Adam

How do I buy items from you?  I am interested in the powerpole splitter and the DSB FT8 transceiver kits.

Regards

David G4LDT


Re: Windcamp products

David Holland
 

On 25/03/2020 11:18, Adam Rong wrote:
Folks,

I am a distributor of Windcamp. I am stocking these two products:

AP-8 Anderson Powerpole Splitter 

(1 in 7 out)


Gipsy 5-50MHz Coil Dipole Antenna



The price is good for this group. If you also like other products on the web site, please let me know so I can stock some of them.

Thanks,
Adam

How do I buy items from you?  I am interested in the powerpole splitter and the DSB FT8 transceiver kits.

Regards

David G4LDT

Windcamp products

Adam Rong
 

Folks,

I am a distributor of Windcamp. I am stocking these two products:

AP-8 Anderson Powerpole Splitter 

(1 in 7 out)


Gipsy 5-50MHz Coil Dipole Antenna



The price is good for this group. If you also like other products on the web site, please let me know so I can stock some of them.

Thanks,
Adam

Re: CS-40V build

Adam Rong
 

Ken,

It looks good. I forgot to mention that I have provided one more IC socket for VXO crystals socket. You will need socket to change VXO crystals.

In my test, MC1350P will not work well, so stay with the SMD module. I will choose to plug the pin headers in IC socket first, then put on the replacement board and then solder. You will need to solder quickly.

Thanks,
Adam

在 2020年3月25日,上午12:37,Kenneth Delap via Groups.Io <zz663@...> 写道:

With the shelter in place order getting some time to build the CV-40V kit. Through step 2 so far so good.

Ken
KX9U
<IMG_1844.jpg>

CS-40V build

Kenneth Delap
 

With the shelter in place order getting some time to build the CV-40V kit. Through step 2 so far so good.

Ken
KX9U

Re: Shipping abnormal notification

Adam Rong
 

Good to hear. Let me know if you need any assistance. Please read all the manuals first. Please post your progress here if you can.

Thanks,
Adam

在 2020年3月24日,下午9:38,Greg DL3GJ via Groups.Io <gjacykowski@...> 写道:

Hi Adam,

just to inform you - tha package sent last monday (March 16th) arrived to Germany without troubles (actually it was here already on Friday, successful delivery happened first today). Now, time to melt some solder! :-)

Thanks and best regards Greg


Re: Shipping abnormal notification

Greg DL3GJ
 

Hi Adam,

just to inform you - tha package sent last monday (March 16th) arrived to Germany without troubles (actually it was here already on Friday, successful delivery happened first today). Now, time to melt some solder! :-)

Thanks and best regards Greg

Re: Shipping abnormal notification

ac2pl
 

hi Adam,

thanks for the heads up, stay safe and healthy. i live right next to the nyc hotspot but we are managing.

jeff ac2pl

Shipping abnormal notification

Adam Rong
 

Folks,

I just received a notification from my shipping agent that the international shipping is abnormal due to COV outbreak worldwide. They are not liable if the shipping is delayed or returned. If it is returned, the freight cannot be refunded.

In this case, please be patient if it gets much slower. Please refrain from placing more orders until further notice. If you have questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Adam

Re: Does my D4D need some maintenance?

Adam Rong
 

Conor,

The enameled wire ends must be treated well. Although the enamel can be removed by solder iron heat, it is still recommended that you scratch them off before soldering.

Thanks,
Adam

在 2020年3月21日,上午5:05,Conor Farrell <conchobhair.ofearghail@...> 写道:


A brief update: On the 40m D4D, I resoldered the joints for the coils and made sure they were positioned so that they were not too close to or touching other components. I powered up the radio and the characteristic sound from the PCB has returned! Radio propagation conditions aren't good right now but I'll test the set and see how it performs now.

Why did I do this? Well, last year when I first built the 40m kit, there was no sound from the board and I was not being spotted. (I had already built another kit for 20m which was working well so I knew what to expect.) I then resoldered the coils, got the sound, and was making QSOs immediately.

I will report back with results over the weekend in case this information is useful to others.

Conor

On Fri 20 Mar 2020, 19:33 Conor Farrell via Groups.Io, <conchobhair.ofearghail=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Adam and friends,

I own two D4D transceivers, one each for 20m and 40m. I've really enjoyed using them.

Recently I noticed that I haven't been making any QSOs, and I am not being spotted much on pskreporter.info. At first I suspected it may simply be due to adverse propagation conditions, but when I listen to broadcast stations on shortwave I get very good reception.

When I first constructed the kits and was making lots of QSOs, I noticed that a component in the set emits an audible noise (the FT8 tones) during transmit - maybe one of the coils vibrating as an alternating current passed through it. It was faint but if I listened carefully I could hear it quite easily. Recently, however, when I'm not making QSOs, this noise has stopped. I may be incorrect, but my guess is that the noise-emitting component is part of the TX amplifier section, and it has become faulty, resulting in a weakened transmission.

This evening I did quick test: I tuned a shortwave receiver to 14.074 MHz and used the "Tune" function in WSJT-X to test the transceiver. I could hear the tone easily, but there was also some noise in the signal. I also tested the other D4D transceiver on 7.074 MHz and that signal was much cleaner, with no noise.

So, in summary:
- I am not being spotted a lot and I'm not making any QSOs, with both transceivers
- Both of my transceivers are no longer emitting any audible sound from the PCB
- The signal on the 14.074 MHz D4D seems a bit noisy
- Receive seems to be working well in both transceivers

Do you think I might need to replace any parts on my transceivers?

Best wishes and 73,
Conor EI6GSB

Re: Does my D4D need some maintenance?

Conor Farrell
 

A brief update: On the 40m D4D, I resoldered the joints for the coils and made sure they were positioned so that they were not too close to or touching other components. I powered up the radio and the characteristic sound from the PCB has returned! Radio propagation conditions aren't good right now but I'll test the set and see how it performs now.

Why did I do this? Well, last year when I first built the 40m kit, there was no sound from the board and I was not being spotted. (I had already built another kit for 20m which was working well so I knew what to expect.) I then resoldered the coils, got the sound, and was making QSOs immediately.

I will report back with results over the weekend in case this information is useful to others.

Conor

On Fri 20 Mar 2020, 19:33 Conor Farrell via Groups.Io, <conchobhair.ofearghail=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Adam and friends,

I own two D4D transceivers, one each for 20m and 40m. I've really enjoyed using them.

Recently I noticed that I haven't been making any QSOs, and I am not being spotted much on pskreporter.info. At first I suspected it may simply be due to adverse propagation conditions, but when I listen to broadcast stations on shortwave I get very good reception.

When I first constructed the kits and was making lots of QSOs, I noticed that a component in the set emits an audible noise (the FT8 tones) during transmit - maybe one of the coils vibrating as an alternating current passed through it. It was faint but if I listened carefully I could hear it quite easily. Recently, however, when I'm not making QSOs, this noise has stopped. I may be incorrect, but my guess is that the noise-emitting component is part of the TX amplifier section, and it has become faulty, resulting in a weakened transmission.

This evening I did quick test: I tuned a shortwave receiver to 14.074 MHz and used the "Tune" function in WSJT-X to test the transceiver. I could hear the tone easily, but there was also some noise in the signal. I also tested the other D4D transceiver on 7.074 MHz and that signal was much cleaner, with no noise.

So, in summary:
- I am not being spotted a lot and I'm not making any QSOs, with both transceivers
- Both of my transceivers are no longer emitting any audible sound from the PCB
- The signal on the 14.074 MHz D4D seems a bit noisy
- Receive seems to be working well in both transceivers

Do you think I might need to replace any parts on my transceivers?

Best wishes and 73,
Conor EI6GSB