Re: K7QO closed his qrp-tech group

Adam Rong

Thanks Hans. I joined K7QO’s qrp-tech because it was a pure tech forum with good management. I like the NC40A PCB design and the effort to celebrate the 25th anniversary.

I am not sure if it is related with the argument of DSB Digital Transceiver. I’d like to share my idea here.

D4D is my original idea. I treat it as a design of simple kit for fun. As I wrote in the last Q&A in the FAQ part of the 30-page D4D manual, this is something new and it will cause quite a discussion to settle down if it is a legal mode, but I think for a new mode, you always need some time to experiment and understand it. Design is sort of balance and I designed it only around 1-watt trying to find the balance. Also I would like to mention the LSB spectrum is for PSK31 and the SNR to decode is much higher than FT8, so largely it is not causing problems unless the DSB radio is nearby.

在 2019年11月9日,下午4:40,Hans Summers <hans.summers@...> 写道:

Hi Adam

There is a new replacement group called "qrptech" see https://groups.io/g/qrptech

73 Hans G0UPL

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019, 11:16 Adam Rong <rongxh@...> wrote:
Folks,

K7QO closed his qrp-tech group a few days ago. I am sorry to know that. Is QRP Tech obsolete?