Re: D4D TX power

Adam Rong

The mods are good enough. Now you have the flexibility to pursue better IMD if you inject audio just above VOX trigger point, or higher RF output if you increase audio.

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 10:27 PM Fernando S <fsclavo@...> wrote:
Thanks for the fast response Adam!
I did KD1JV diode mod (the left one on your photo below), and replacing C5 by the provided 105 capacitor.
Is there any other recommended mod? With the mods I made, the power needs to be calibrated just as manual says? (I doesn't have a power meter).

0.jpeg

El vie., 23 ago. 2019 a las 11:16, Adam Rong (<rongxh@...>) escribiĆ³:
Congratulations! 600mV is the threshold to trigger the VOX. However, about 50mV is the point to overdrive NE602 per KD1JV. That's why I recommend a modification to improve IMD. Rule of thumb for acceptable IMD: Decrease the audio input until you find the RF output becomes about half.