Re: DSB transceiver for Digital mode

Ron Stone

Adam,

Thanks much for your responses.

When making comparisons with a big rig, how much worse was the received SNR report?  With the little rig, would you say it was 5 dB, 10 dB, or 15 dB worse?  Also, how many fewer decodes can we expect - 25% less, 50% less?

Since I'm planning to put the rig in an enclosure with a Raspberry Pi, there is going to be plenty of heat around.  So once things warm up, do you think this would help with longer-term frequency stability and make it unnecessary to use the heating resistor?   Of course, I'll be more than happy to experiment and share my results.

73,

Ron (KA3J)