Re: DSB transceiver for Digital mode

Let’s use this thread to update the status. The test is done. I have tested both 7074 and 14074 radios. I need to update PCB to include a minor fix.

I will accept order and start to ship after Hamvention in May. I have lots of work to do considering my limited spare time.

Compared with the open schematic, I have modified several areas to improve TX signal purity and frequency stability. The added VOX circuit works as planned. I understand now that the DSB circuit concept I have adopted has some potential issue to cause self-oscillating. It seems that my fix is effective and still simple.

I can build this kit in a bit more than one hour. If you take time, you can enjoy a whole evening to build and test this rig. I have to standardize the name of this rig: D4D, no matter what it was called, either DSB FT8 BD6CR, FT8 DSB VOX or else.

在 2019年4月10日,上午8:03,Adam Rong via Groups.Io <rongxh@...> 写道:

May I call it D4D - DSB transceiver for Digital mode? This 1-watt DSB transceiver will provide lots of fun of building and operating. The VOX circuit will provide even more convenience to the operator. Thanks to the strong capability of digital mode and computer, this rig is not a toy. You can easily make FT8 contacts of 300-1500 miles range with a moderate antenna like full sized dipole  or EFHW.

The photos are for the prototype based on CRK-10A enclosure. It looks quite close to the final version. We will run testing in the following weeks. The initial test looks promising. We plan to take orders in about a month. We will start with 7074 version for FT8. The price will be very reasonable. Stay tuned and spread the word if you guys are interested.

<WechatIMG16.jpeg><WechatIMG17.jpeg>