Re: Still remember KN-Q7A?

JOHN CRONHELM

Hi Larry,
With this PCB would I still have to remove parts from my existing KN-Q7A to get Oled to work.
Unfortunately have still not heard any stations,even though band noise is normal. This is because of
very poor propagation at bottom of Sun Spot cycle. Plus a lot of Auroral absorption of signals here in the north. We'll see what happens after the Autumnal Equinox at the end of September.

On Monday, September 17, 2018, 1:38 PM, Larry Lovell <n7rgw@...> wrote:

I have a modification that will work with both the KN-Q7A and the CS-Series radio.  I have a PC board that puts all of the Sandwich on a single board except of course the Arduino.  It has an OLED display to display the frequency you are on and will allow you to program LSB or USB as well while receiving a signal.  It will plug into the radio and has it's own faceplate as well.  http://www.qrvtronics.com/CatHAM_Radio/HAM_Display_Options.htm.  Software is included with the kit.
I am working on a multi-band option that will work as well, 80, 40, 20, 17 and 15 Meters.
Larry