From: Adam Rong <rongxh@...>
To: crkits <crkits@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Sep 16, 2018 8:55 am
Subject: [crkits] Still remember KN-Q7A?

Gang,

I listen a lot but seldom transmit. Although I have a few radios to choose from, I still wish to build a dedicated receiver. I hope it is low noise and high performance, so I consider KN-Q7A receiver portion. By using four crystals in crystal socket, I can tune 7.000-7.030 for CW, 7.050-7.130 for SSB. I added a power switch and power indicator LED and power consumption is about 35 mA.

I have depleted MC1350 so I believe for a while it is not possible to produce more CS kits, but I have an alternative solution and it works fine. Some redesign is required, so let’s wait for some time.