Re: Troubleshooting the CS-40

AA7US

John,

Unless I'm mis-reading the schematic, there definitely shouldn't be 8v DC on pin 1.  8v DC on pin 8 is normal.

I think now I'd carefully work back from pin 1 along the affected circuit to try and find out how (where) that 8v DC is coming from.

Question: Did the transceiver work fine for awhile then suddenly start acting up like this?  Or has this been a problem since you assembled it?

---In CHINA_QRP@..., <va7jbe@...> wrote :

I'm afraid I don't have a second mixer IC, but I pulled off the one giving weird readings and measured the voltage on the pins.  All pins are 0 volts except 1 and 8, which were 8 volts.

John VA7JBE