Re: How to Reduce CS-series Power?

Adam Rong

John,

It is not a good idea to reduce power by reducing IRF510's bias because it will make it work in poor situation.

How much power can you get so far? If you can get 5 watt or more, adding a power amplifier of 10 watt seems not very justified. If you really need higher power, you can consider raising the power supply voltage a little bit to somewhere at 14 volt.

在 2017年8月1日,上午12:30,landrjoh@... [CHINA_QRP] <CHINA_QRP@...> 写道:

Does anyone know if there's a safe way to REDUCE the transmit power of a CS-series transceiver using the existing circuitry?  Would simply reducing the IRF510's bias current do the trick or would that harm the IRF510?

I ask because I'm interested in exploring the use of an external 10W RF amplifier for 20M.  It has a limit on the input power it can accept.