Re: Bias current problems

JOHN CRONHELM

Thanks,At last I have got it now.   I have no fused power cable from my gel cell. I could perhaps could cut the axial lead after the large diode connected to the power supply and connect a power lead to both cut ends to check bias current. When I am finished with the tests I can make it into a switch to turn the radio on and off.
What do you think?
73 de John vo1jcc.

On Jul 22, 2017, at 9:54 PM, Robert Hudson vk2aor@... [CHINA_QRP] <CHINA_QRP@...> wrote:

Hi John

I used a power cable plugged into my fused supply and removed the fuse and using crocodile clips on my AVO 7 multimeter  so it is in series with my power supply, the red lead goes to the plus supply and the black lead goes to the radio.  The negative has no connection.   Hope that helps.

Bob Hudson