Re: Bias current problems

JOHN CRONHELM

Sorry Bob,
That's not the question I was asking.  Where on the PCB should I touch with the positive probe to read the bias current.
Many thanks,
John vo1jcc.

On Jul 22, 2017, at 11:10 AM, Robert Hudson vk2aor@... [CHINA_QRP] <CHINA_QRP@...> wrote:

To John

Just re-read your question posed about where you check the current amps.

" As a point of interest where do you check the current amps. From which point to ground? "

When you check voltage you use  say a voltmeter from earth to a point where voltage might be expected , say a better.  When you check current /amps you need to have you multimeter switch to the amps setting and it is connected in series.   Maybe you had errant finger on the keyboard.

Best wishes

Bob Hudson