Western Gull in Butte Co.

Brewbird

Hi all,
I just wanted to mention, there is a Western Gull at Thermalito Afterbay in Butte County. Liam Huber found it this past Saturday on “gull island” just north of the causeway. I found it today, due north of the dirt pullout, on the access road on the east side of the causeway. I am reporting this one, since some of the reports earlier in the year ended up being hybrid birds. FYI, the weather is looking good, however it is supposed to be a very strong north wind through Wednesday. Good luck!

Michele Swartout
Red Bluff

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." - John Muir.

Join countybirders@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.