Santa Cruz County

jim lomax

Slip me five, Cats.

Found out with a phone call from John Luther that the bird was seen today even though it wasn’t seen all day yesterday, so in a two minute decision, I left at noon and headed for the beach.

Arrived at Waddell Creek Beach about 1330 and walked south along the shoreline to a group of Godwits I could see way down the beach. Another birder was looking at them where they were feeding at the shoreline just south of the Waddell Creek mouth. Today the creek did not reach all the way to the ocean so I didn’t get my feet wet. Once on site, I scoped the flock for surf-crushing looks at the BAR-TAILED GODWIT. Very nice. The drive home wasn’t too bad.

“Truckin’ like the do-dah man”,

Jim Lomax
Solitary Birder
from No Particular Place

Not at all sure where I’ve been, but I’m not starting over again.

Join countybirders@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.