Topics

VCF West #VCF

Mark Abene

Josh recently mentioned VCF MW in September, and reminded me that, once again, VCF West is also coming around beginning of this August at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA. Are any list members planning to attend? I'd like to go, and maybe bring some of my homebrews, but I'd only consider it if I "knew" people who were planning to attend.

Regards,
Mark

Mark Moulding

I'll almost certainly be there - I've volunteered the two years - and would love to see anything COSMAC-related!  Sadly, I probably won't be bringing anything myself to show (no free time this year...).
~~
(Another) Mark

Mark Abene

Cool! In that case, I'll try to make it. If I do, it'll mark (no pun) my first time at VCF (surprisingly).

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 5:00 PM Mark Moulding <mark@...> wrote:
I'll almost certainly be there - I've volunteered the two years - and would love to see anything COSMAC-related!  Sadly, I probably won't be bringing anything myself to show (no free time this year...).
~~
(Another) Mark

Neil Cherry

On 7/19/19 8:00 PM, Mark Moulding wrote:
I'll almost certainly be there - I've volunteered the two years - and would love to see anything COSMAC-related!  Sadly, I probably won't be bringing anything myself to show (no free time this year...).
I was there last year teaching the Learn to Solder. I did get a chance
to roam around and say hello to various folks. I may set up a table but
I also need to do the learn to solder. Let's see what I can do.

BTW, drop by the Learn to Solder next year it's in one of the Marconi
displays with the telegraph and the train & the signal skip (very cool).

http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog

Gregg Levine

Hello!
Um, Neil, you do mean the one that happened this past Spring? That's
the display sets associated with InfoAge, and VCF East. Now I thought
that one was well attended. It bothered me though that the LNW-80 guys
were more interested in their pointless conversation, then a possible
Q&A on their display.

And of course Herb and I did collide, but I can't remember where.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@...

On 7/21/19 1:23 AM, Gregg Levine wrote:
Hello!
Um, Neil, you do mean the one that happened this past Spring? That's
the display sets associated with InfoAge, and VCF East. Now I thought
that one was well attended. It bothered me though that the LNW-80 guys
were more interested in their pointless conversation, then a possible
Q&A on their display.
And of course Herb and I did collide, but I can't remember where.
Yes, sorry work has been hell the last few months so I have not proper
concept of time anymore.

Yes, VCF East was well attended and oddly enough I was wearing one of the
VCF T-Shirts in my home town when some stopped me to talk about VCF. :-)
Very unexpected.

BTW, I have no Tandy Z80 or x86 computers in my collection just the
CoCo and MC10's. I'm more of a motorola based CPU collector than Z80
CPU collector (it just worked out that way).