From: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io> on behalf of wrcooke@... <wrcooke@...>
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2020 6:41 PM
To: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io>
Subject: [cosmacelf] Speech synthesizer construction article using 1801 and SC01

[Edited Message Follows]

I ran across an interesting article to build a speech synthesizer.  It is in the Dec 1982 Computers and Electronics.
https://ia801606.us.archive.org/21/items/ComputersElectronics1982-12/ComputersElectronics1982-12.pdf
No doubt some of you are already familiar with it, but I was not.  Perhaps it will be interesting to some.

Oops:  title should have been "using 1802"  Can't seem to edit title.

Martin Heermance

Thanks for the link. The retro ads in that magazine are a hoot.

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 9:41 PM <wrcooke@...> wrote:
I ran across an interesting article to build a speech synthesizer.  It is in the Dec 1982 Computers and Electronics.
https://ia801606.us.archive.org/21/items/ComputersElectronics1982-12/ComputersElectronics1982-12.pdf
No doubt some of you are already familiar with it, but I was not.  Perhaps it will be interesting to some.

Robert

If any of you are working with the SC-01A you may enjoy this article I wrote for SERVO years ago:

https://www.robotworkshop.com/robotweb/wp-content/uploads/servo200712_HERO_Speech_translator.pdf

Thanks for the link. The retro ads in that magazine are a hoot.

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 9:41 PM <wrcooke@...> wrote:

I ran across an interesting article to build a speech synthesizer. It is
in the Dec 1982 Computers and Electronics.

https://ia801606.us.archive.org/21/items/ComputersElectronics1982-12/ComputersElectronics1982-12.pdf
No doubt some of you are already familiar with it, but I was not. Perhaps
it will be interesting to some.

gregory simmons

Robert, this is very cool.  Fortunately, the SpeakJet chip is currently available from SparkFun for around $25.

On Monday, August 31, 2020, 11:45:59 AM EDT, Robert <rdoerr@...> wrote:

If any of you are working with the SC-01A you may enjoy this article I wrote for SERVO years ago:

https://www.robotworkshop.com/robotweb/wp-content/uploads/servo200712_HERO_Speech_translator.pdf

Thanks for the link. The retro ads in that magazine are a hoot.

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 9:41 PM <wrcooke@...> wrote:

> I ran across an interesting article to build a speech synthesizer.  It is
> in the Dec 1982 Computers and Electronics.
>
> https://ia801606.us.archive.org/21/items/ComputersElectronics1982-12/ComputersElectronics1982-12.pdf
> No doubt some of you are already familiar with it, but I was not.  Perhaps
> it will be interesting to some.

ekeefe8051

Hello,

I have one of the boards mentioned in that issue. It's the Netronics Speak Easy Talking Board...

ED