Topics

Sorry

Mike Riley

Well, I have been informed that I have created a problem here.  So from this point forward anything concerning Pico/Elf V2 boards should be sent to my private email: mikehriley@....  Any updates or other info related to this project will now only be posted on my own website.  Sorry for being a nuisance.
     Mike

joshbensadon

Mike,

You are certainly not a nuisance and no one said that.  

You asked if there was any interest in this project and you got an over whelming YES.  
There is nothing wrong with the openness of the interest and the order pledges being posted here.
In fact, it's helpful that other members here see the interest and size of the project.  This will assist in uniting our community.  Please do not change anything you are doing.

Of course, payment and shipping details to individuals is best done through private mail.. only to protect individuals personal information privacy, etc.

Josh

From: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io> on behalf of Mike Riley <mikehriley@...>
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2020 11:44 AM
To: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io>
Subject: [cosmacelf] Sorry

Well, I have been informed that I have created a problem here.  So from this point forward anything concerning Pico/Elf V2 boards should be sent to my private email: mikehriley@....  Any updates or other info related to this project will now only be posted on my own website.  Sorry for being a nuisance.
     Mike

Paul Schmidt

I concur with Josh, that announcements and questions to the ‘group’ should always be welcome, but when it comes down to non-group communications, such as placing orders and direct inquiries, that those should be done my private emails rather than clog up the forum with all those messages. You have to admit, there has been a LOT of forum message traffic regarding this offering.

From: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io> On Behalf Of joshbensadon
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2020 11:30 AM
To: cosmacelf@groups.io
Subject: Re: [cosmacelf] Sorry

Mike,

You are certainly not a nuisance and no one said that.  

You asked if there was any interest in this project and you got an over whelming YES.  

There is nothing wrong with the openness of the interest and the order pledges being posted here.

In fact, it's helpful that other members here see the interest and size of the project.  This will assist in uniting our community.  Please do not change anything you are doing.

Of course, payment and shipping details to individuals is best done through private mail.. only to protect individuals personal information privacy, etc.

Josh

From: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io> on behalf of Mike Riley <mikehriley@...>

Mike

Bob Kay

I agree with Josh and Paul here.  I think the subject is very much on-topic; isn't the purpose of this group to discuss 1802-related issues, with emphasis on (among other things) designing, obtaining and constructing 180x based machines?

Martin

Mike, thanks so much for doing this. And I know that we aren't supposed to clog the board up with orders (we should load your email up  instead), but I think this is a completely forgivable sin in your case - it is a great contribution.

What we really don't like is somebody offering stuff purely for commercial reasons. 

And you are going to LOVE JLPCB. 

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 9:46 AM Bob Kay via groups.io <rekircher=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I agree with Josh and Paul here.  I think the subject is very much on-topic; isn't the purpose of this group to discuss 1802-related issues, with emphasis on (among other things) designing, obtaining and constructing 180x based machines?

Mark Graybill

Mike, someone may perceive the sudden increase in traffic on the list to be a problem, I don't.

The "quibbling about prices" part is of direct interest to me. I =want= to see who people are using to get short run PCBs, and what sort of terms they're getting.

As to the orders, I =want= to see the level of interest you've created with your offer and what people have to say about it.

Shoving this discussion into the shadows of private communications takes away from the list, I feel. We often have subjects that cause an upsurge in postings. It's the nature of the list. Lee's Membership Card, the Goldmine handheld 1802 computers, etc. These things come and go. If someone doesn't want to see all the messages in their email, they can switch to digest delivery as easily as they can post a complaint.

My two bits. ;)

Mark Graybill, W8BIT

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 11:44 AM Mike Riley <mikehriley@...> wrote:
     Mike

Robert DiPippo, k1wyc

Mike

I will take one also. Let me know when and how much.

Thanks

Bob

On 7/31/20 12:29 PM, joshbensadon wrote:
Mike,

You are certainly not a nuisance and no one said that.??

You asked if there was any interest in this project and you got an over whelming YES.??
In fact, it's helpful that other members here see the interest and size of the project.? This will assist in uniting our community.? Please do not change anything you are doing.

Josh

?
Well, I have been informed that I have created a problem here.? So from this point forward anything concerning Pico/Elf V2 boards should be sent to my private email: mikehriley@....? Any updates or other info related to this project will now only be posted on my own website.? Sorry for being a nuisance.
???? Mike

--
Connecting the classroom to the world via technology ??

joshbensadon

Bob,

Thanks for your interest.
The group is considering changes/suggestions then Mike will post an official offer to answer your questions.
Please respond to the original thread.

Josh

From: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io> on behalf of Robert DiPippo, k1wyc via groups.io <bobk1wyc@...>
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2020 2:10 PM
Subject: Re: [cosmacelf] Sorry

Mike

I will take one also. Let me know when and how much.

Thanks

Bob

On 7/31/20 12:29 PM, joshbensadon wrote:
Mike,

You are certainly not a nuisance and no one said that.??

You asked if there was any interest in this project and you got an over whelming YES.??
In fact, it's helpful that other members here see the interest and size of the project.? This will assist in uniting our community.? Please do not change anything you are doing.

Josh

?
Well, I have been informed that I have created a problem here.? So from this point forward anything concerning Pico/Elf V2 boards should be sent to my private email: mikehriley@....? Any updates or other info related to this project will now only be posted on my own website.? Sorry for being a nuisance.
???? Mike

--
Connecting the classroom to the world via technology ??

ajparent1/kb1gmx <kb1gmx@...>

Err what?  Why sorry  for bringing another 1802 design to life here???
Its a good thing.  

Ya done good!

Allison
----------------------------------
Please reply on list, due to scrapers on groups.IO
private mail gets spam dumped.

cellarcat

Right on, Allison! 

On Jul 31, 2020, at 3:19 PM, ajparent1/kb1gmx <kb1gmx@...> wrote:

Err what?  Why sorry  for bringing another 1802 design to life here???
Its a good thing.  

Ya done good!

Allison
----------------------------------
Please reply on list, due to scrapers on groups.IO
private mail gets spam dumped.