Topics

RCA VIP

Raymond Sills

Hi Group:

I have two RCA VIP single board computers that are in need of a new home.  They are in questionable condition, because I don't have the facilities to fully check them out.  But they have all original parts, including the RCA 1802 CPU and the sought after RCA 1861 Pixie chip.  I've considered offering them for sale on eBay, but I'd rather see if anyone on this group would have interest in them as a project.  I think they would be worth $100 each in their "as-is" condition, but if someone would want both, I'd sell them together for $150.  One of the units is an early RCA version apparently, since all the chips are in sockets and uses 9131 RAM chips.  The other unit has chips soldered in and uses 2114 RAM.

If anyone has interest or questions, feel free to email me direct.

73 de Ray

ekeefe8051

Hello Ray,

If they are still available, I'll take both.

ED

Raymond Sills

Wow.... I have had several responses of interest in the VIPs!  At this point, I have to say that they have been sold.  If something falls through, I'll contact the next person who responded.

73 de Ray

I have two RCA VIP single board computers that are in need of a new home.  They are in questionable condition, because I don't have the facilities to fully check them out.  But they have all original parts, including the RCA 1802 CPU and the sought after RCA 1861 Pixie chip.  I've considered offering them for sale on eBay, but I'd rather see if anyone on this group would have interest in them as a project.  I think they would be worth $100 each in their "as-is" condition, but if someone would want both, I'd sell them together for $150.  One of the units is an early RCA version apparently, since all the chips are in sockets and uses 9131 RAM chips.  The other unit has chips soldered in and uses 2114 RAM.

If anyone has interest or questions, feel free to email me direct.

73 de Ray

gregory simmons

Ray, that was very generous of you!  There's no doubt they were worth far more than you sold them for.

On Thursday, August 27, 2020, 03:22:40 PM EDT, Raymond Sills via groups.io <raysills3@...> wrote:

Hi Group:

I have two RCA VIP single board computers that are in need of a new home.  They are in questionable condition, because I don't have the facilities to fully check them out.  But they have all original parts, including the RCA 1802 CPU and the sought after RCA 1861 Pixie chip.  I've considered offering them for sale on eBay, but I'd rather see if anyone on this group would have interest in them as a project.  I think they would be worth $100 each in their "as-is" condition, but if someone would want both, I'd sell them together for $150.  One of the units is an early RCA version apparently, since all the chips are in sockets and uses 9131 RAM chips.  The other unit has chips soldered in and uses 2114 RAM.

If anyone has interest or questions, feel free to email me direct.

73 de Ray

rradford@...

Wow, I have been looking of one of those for a while, and both disappeared in just a few minutes!  ;-)

If anyone else has one that needs a good home, please let me know...

I'll return to my corner and pout.