Topics

RCA COSMAC manuals and Brochures

ca1naj610

At ARCHIVE.ORG , you will find good PDFs for MPM-206A, MPM-207 and CMB-250.  It was quite a learning experience for me but I can now adequately upload PDFs there.  If anyone would like to see the "CMOS 1800-Series LSI Brochure" MPG-180D, let me know.  It is 40 pages and has detailed product information on CDP, some MWS and brief info on CD products.

Marcel van Tongeren

Hi,

I don't recognise the 'CMOS 1800-Series LSI Brochure' MPG-180D so if possible I would appreciate if you can indeed upload it somewhere.

Cheers, Marcel.

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 02:03 PM, <ca1naj610@...> wrote:
ARCHIVE.ORG

ca1naj610

Marcel:

I'm very inexperienced at this pdf uploading process.  Can you provide me assistance and guidance?  I've scanned some documents on a flatbed scanner and also camera-photographed some.  I've then used "gscan2pdf" for conversion to pdf and then "pdf Mix Tool" to assemble the PDF documents.

On the Archive.org site, I've uploaded the pdf files but usually the cover/first page isn't recognized and sometimes, the pdfs only show up in the SHOW ALL, FILES, rather than as a downloadable ".pdf" file.  I've read the upload guide at archive.org but don't understand how to do correctly what I've mentioned to you .

Do you have suggestions for doing it better?

I'll scan or photograph the 40 pages once I understand the way around my problems.

Denny Rugenstein

On 1/17/2020 9:39 AM, Marcel van Tongeren wrote:
Hi,

I don't recognise the 'CMOS 1800-Series LSI Brochure' MPG-180D so if possible I would appreciate if you can indeed upload it somewhere.

Cheers, Marcel.

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 02:03 PM, <ca1naj610@...> wrote:
ARCHIVE.ORG

somaspack

Linux offers tools for processing PDF's:

* qpdf - decrypts encrypted PDF's
* pdftk - merges PDF's
* a2ps - converts text to PDF

All of these are command line, but that also provides a lot of flexibility. There are others too, just what I have used.

Scott

thinkpast

The alternative to uploading to archive.org, is to provide the PDF's to another archive or another Web site. You'll have to ask the owners for details. cosmacelf.com has an archive of COSMAC manuals, you can ask the owner. The files archive here at cosmacelf groups.io, you can ask the moderator. For bitsavers.org which predates archive.org by many years, ask the owner. You may find, establishing a relationship with one of these resources, and using means described to forward content (once) is more straightforward than negotiating archive.org, and explaining to others how to FIND that content on archive.org. I'm not passing judgement or providing directions, I'm simply describing reasonable alternative archives for COSMAC content. - regards, Herb Johnson