Topics

Pico/Elf update

Mike Riley

Just wanted to give a quick update for those who do not check my site regularly.  I have received the production prototypes for the Pico/Elf V2 and have built one.  Unfortunately I have run out of prom chips to make a bios for it, so I am awaiting an order of prom chips to do the final checkout of the board.  I will be contacting those who were interested in boards to verify numbers, but at last count there were 41 people interested for 76 boards, which means my original plan of ordering 50 boards looks like it needs to be bumped to 100 boards. 

As a side note, thanks to the group pointing me to a cheaper source for boards I have ordered and received a stack of original Micro/Elf boards so these are once again available from me, if interested contact me privately.
      Mike

joshbensadon

Mike,

That is excellent news.  Thank you for putting your time into this.  I am very sorry but, I just don't have a lot of time to check websites, etc.  It would be awesome if you could post pictures of both the Pico/ELF 2 and the Micro/ELF boards here to give us a tease!   Also, a quick description of how you want orders placed, where and how much to paypal, etc.

Thanks,
Josh

From: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io> on behalf of Mike Riley <mikehriley@...>
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2020 11:01 AM
To: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io>
Subject: [cosmacelf] Pico/Elf update

Just wanted to give a quick update for those who do not check my site regularly.  I have received the production prototypes for the Pico/Elf V2 and have built one.  Unfortunately I have run out of prom chips to make a bios for it, so I am awaiting an order of prom chips to do the final checkout of the board.  I will be contacting those who were interested in boards to verify numbers, but at last count there were 41 people interested for 76 boards, which means my original plan of ordering 50 boards looks like it needs to be bumped to 100 boards. 

As a side note, thanks to the group pointing me to a cheaper source for boards I have ordered and received a stack of original Micro/Elf boards so these are once again available from me, if interested contact me privately.
      Mike

Mike Riley

Sure, here are some pictures:

Pico/Elf V2:

Built Pico/Elf V2:

Micro/Elf:

From: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io> on behalf of joshbensadon <jbensadon@...>
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2020 9:29 AM
Subject: Re: [cosmacelf] Pico/Elf update

Mike,

That is excellent news.  Thank you for putting your time into this.  I am very sorry but, I just don't have a lot of time to check websites, etc.  It would be awesome if you could post pictures of both the Pico/ELF 2 and the Micro/ELF boards here to give us a tease!   Also, a quick description of how you want orders placed, where and how much to paypal, etc.

Thanks,
Josh

Those prototype boards look great, Mike.  May I ask if you're satisfied with the quality of the boards from JLCPCB?

Cheerful regards, Mike, K8LH

Terry Gray

Can you put me down for 4 boards?

Frank Dewey

Depending on price and options, I would like to get at least two Pico boards. Thank you.

Are the other Micro boards available too?

Ham Radio

Mike

Can you please document the link for this project?

I need to see if a TIL311 display is required.  I have 5 of them now.

I had a look thru COSMAC.COM and nothing found ....
--
Regards,
Bernie Murphy

Bob Kay

You can find the link on Mike's own site: https://www.elf-emulation.com/

It's right at the top of the page.

Rizal Acob

Edited

Looks like you need to get 1 - TIL311 more as there are 6 needed in the board
EDIT! Mymistake...I was looking at the board picture above....Correction by Mike Riley below...cheers

Ham Radio

These parts do come up on eBay.  They are rare, so sellers can ask a good price.
--
Regards,
Bernie Murphy

Mike Riley

Pico/Elf does not use any TIL311s, only the Micro/Elf uses TIL311s.
     Mike

From: cosmacelf@groups.io <cosmacelf@groups.io> on behalf of Rizal Acob <racob@...>
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 10:14 AM
Subject: Re: [cosmacelf] Pico/Elf update

Looks like you need to get 1 - TIL311 more as there are 6 needed in the board