Topics

Pico/Elf photos

Mike Riley

After tearing my house apart I found the two Pico/Elf prototypes.  In this photo the one on the left is the V1 and the one on the right is the V2.  The main difference between the two boards is in the upper left corner.  In the V1 it used transistors for the serial circuit which required +12v and -12v from the power supply.  The V2 replaced this with the Max232 so that only a single +5v supply is needed.  Also in this photo you can see an option for the push button, in both of these I just a toggle switch for the reset, which is certainly cheaper than that $8 push button!  Although I am still looking for a more affordable push button.